##8 The R-A-J gang

Ananya.

"Prashanth is quitting college."

It was the hottest news of the day.

Prashanth was one of the members in Aryan-Jay-Rahul team until the tournament.

Rumour says that he worked with the other team and tried to double-cross his own team.

It was hard for him to continue in our college as everyone was targeting him directly or indirectly, making it difficult for him to stay, but he still hangs on and didn't give up.

So it's a surprise why he suddenly wanted to quit today.

"He made the worst mistake by offending Aryan and Jay." Amit told me as we walked to the gathering that was already formed in front of the main building. "I heard that he was in need of money," he added.

Prashanth was standing in the centre while Jaydev, Aryan, Rahul and the two other guys from their gang were collecting cash from the surrounding people.

A board with the sign; "Donate for a good cause; help others in need." was there and a bucket was placed underneath to collect the coins.

They really know how to insult a person. Instead of letting him leave quietly, they had decided to make a scene.

Prashanth tried to walk away but the two guys from Aryan-Jay-Rahul team moved in front of him, blocking his way.

"How can we just send you back empty-handed when we have been good brothers all this time?" Jaydev said and turned to the crowd, "Prashanth is in need of money, we have to help him,"

"Prashanth is transferring today; this is our last chance to help him and his family. I want everyone to contribute for this," Rahul supported.

Aryan moved forward, took a bundle of cash out of his wallet and threw it in the basket.

I fisted my hands and gritted my teeth. The way they were insulting him was really unbearable to watch.

I don't want to argue with the stupid "RAJ gang" as they call them and make my life miserable, but I can definitely slip away and inform the department.

I started to move, but Amit touched my hand.

"Not now," he said. "I will take care of this," He nodded and walked forward.

"Aryan... Jay," Amit said pleasantly. "It will not be good if the professors get involved," He said. "You are campaigning in front of the main building,"

"Amit, we are doing a social service here." Aryan walked to him and placed his hand on Amit's shoulder. "You see, we are really trying to help Prashanth who's facing trouble and is in need of help," he said. "Surely the student president knows how important it is?" He asked pleasantly, but I didn't miss the slight underlying warning beneath.

"Aryan," Amit turned to him. "As a student body representative of this college, I really don't want to lose our championship trophy this last year," he said. "This is a sensitive time, don't do anything that will put you and Jay in trouble," he added.

Wow... Amit has the ability to say the right thing, No wonder he is the president.

"Whoa, rightly said," Jay said. "He has a point, Aryan." Jay smirked.

"So what we will do about this fund rising?" Rahul asked them.

"You know what? We will just contribute everything we have," Aryan said and started to remove his watch and Jay followed his lead.

Both of them deposited their watches in the bucket and turned to Rahul who looked troubled.

"This... This is a gift from Veen-"