##9 The real culprit

Dedicated to @neharika21sharma, for not giving up 🙃🙃

Aryan.

"We will make sure these kinds of fake photos won't circulate anymore sir," The officer said and I looked at the guy who was inside the cell.

The cybersecurity people in the company has already found out where the leak came from.

I looked at the guy who was petrified to see me. According to the police, he is working in an internet cafe near our college.

"I... I really didn't know sir," he said. "I didn't know it was fake, I was just asked to expose it," he said.

I looked at the poor excuse of a human being that has no connection with me.

I walked to him.

"How dare you..." I whispered and looked at him.

Even though he was inside the cell, he flinched and moved away from me.

"Do you know how much my reputation is worth? Do you know who I am?" I said deadly.

"I... I didn't know it was fake, they just told me that I just have to expose it,"

"Who asked you to do it?" I asked again. "I suggest you tell me the truth or you will be very sorry when you come out of here."

"I... I really don't know sir..." the guy trembled. "The Pen drive was delivered to me by post," he said. "I was just... I was just having a difficult time and I was... I had no choice to get that kind of money."

Of course...

Money!

It all comes down to that every time.

I looked at the police officer who looked nervous.

"He was paid Rs: 50,000 by cash, we have no way to follow the source," he said.

I see red.

I turned to the bastard.

"You sold my reputation just for a mere 50,000 Rupees!?" I stepped near him, standing so close to the cell. "Do you know what you have just done!?" I whispered. "Do you know what just happened?" I stared him down.

"I... I was desperate. The bank already issued the last warning and I thought I will lose my house-"

"Shut the hell up!" I can't believe that the guy is giving me excuses when he could have just affected the company if the pictures were not taken care of in a short time!

"It's your mistake if you are not competent and a failure. You should have just begged in the street instead of trying to ruin people," I whispered, lowering my voice just like my Dad do whenever he is angry and trying to control it.

"I... I will... pay you back," he said. "I will really... pay you back-"

He was cut off when I laughed loudly.

I can't believe this guy! He dared to do something like this and he is acting like some sort of saint.

"You don't have to pay me," I looked at him coldly, "I always get my debts repaid without anyone's help," I walked out of there.

I was still fuming and I was afraid that I would burst inside there.

As soon as I was in the car, I started to take deep breathes. When I was sure that I won't lose it, I took out my phone with trembling hands and dialled.

"Hello sir?" it was my lawyer.

"Get me every detail on this guy locked up inside. I need you to take care of this guy."