##3 The monster

4 years back

Jay.

"Aryan, wait!" I stopped him before he hit Prashanth.

"Let me go, Jay, I was controlling it as long as I could, this bastard just tried to ruin our-"

"I know," I said. "But do you want to break your determination just because of this worthless guy?" I asked and he stilled in between trying to get out of my grip.

Aryan took a deep breath, trying to calm himself, I could literally feel him trying to take control.

I let go of him once I was sure that he's back into his senses.

"Thank...Thank you, sir" The stupid guy reached me and said.

Even though I was not wearing my boxing gloves, I swung my fist and slammed him to the wall.

"This is for playing dirty tricks on your own team," I said as I walked near.

"And this," I got him in the middle this time, making him bend over in pain. "Is for Aryan," I said before turning to the others.

"Get him out of here" I ordered and the guys came to take him out.

"Are you alright, Aryan?" I walked to him and he raised up to meet me.

To my surprise, He was laughing.

"Seriously Jay? Did you just hit him for me!?" he asked, still chuckling. "And you want me to...to-"

"I'm not the one with anger management problem, Aryan" I said as I walked to the side and took my duffle bag.

Aryan has been diagnosed with "Intermittent explosive disorder" which means he can't control his anger.

Once he gets violent, It's impossible to stop him. It was a sensitive subject for him first, but once we were bonded, we have somehow started to talk about it easily, Even joking about it.

"But sometimes I feel like you have it more than me" he laughed and I turned to him.

"Don't break the promise, you were already fine these 5 months, Once you can stay out of trouble for this 6 months, It means you can do it, you can control it, Aryan" I explained.

"Yes sir" Aryan mocked me as he took his bag and followed me out.

Aryan.

"What about the party?" I asked him as we walked to the parking lot.

"I am going home" Jay sulked and I chuckled at him.

"Another blind date?" I asked him.

"My grandmother is crazy," he told me. "I can't get out of it since it's difficult if she started rebelling." he told me.

"Think of it this way, You can meet beautiful ladies without effort Jay!" I winked and he scowled.

"I suggest you stop now or I am going to beat the shit out of you the next time we are in the ring"

"I look forward to it" I replied before getting inside the car. "Too bad you can't attend the party though"

"Don't add insult to the injury"

"Enjoy your date then" I teased him again.

"Hoy!" he shouted, but I waved and took my car forward.

I looked in the rearview mirror and saw him still glaring and laughed.

The after match party was to celebrate our victory and it's a pity that Jay can't make it.

I still want to beat the crap out of that guy who tried to switch our boxing gloves for the other team.