Chapter 4

"Wyatt. Wyatt Gale." He, Wyatt, said.

My eyes widened and my heart stopped.

'It can't be.' I thought.

"Well, Evan, it was great meeting you. I hope to see you soon, and have a great night." He smiled.

"Yeah. You too, goodnight." I say with a shaky voice before getting out of the car and walking into the house.

Once in the house, I went to my room and closed the door. I fell onto my bed and thought to myself, 'That cannot be him.'

I tossed and turned in my bed, trying to quiet my racing my mind.

"That cannot be the Wyatt Gale," I mumbled to myself. I stare at the ceiling and begin to think back to one year ago, senior year of high school.

~~~~~~~

I turn to see Wyatt standing right next to my locker.

"Good morning, my lovely boyfriend," Wyatt said, putting his arm around my shoulders.

"Good morning," I mumbled as I leaned into his body. "Why are you so happy this morning?"

"Did you forget what day it is?" He asked me, moving his head to look at me with a cocked eyebrow.

"It's Tuesday, I think," I say to him. "So, there's an English quiz today?"

Wyatt shook his head, smiling. "No, not even close. Try again."

"A test or a quiz?" I asked, running through my schedule for the week, in my head.

"No," Wyatt stated, his smile starting to fade.

"A baseball game?" I asked. "A club meeting? A dance?"

"You don't remember?" He asked.

"Wy, I have so many things going on. I'm sorry, but I don't remember what day it is." I said while reaching for his hand to hold.

"If I give you a hint, do you think you'll remember?" Wyatt asked as he interlocked our fingers.

"Probably," I said.

"It's the thirteenth." He whispered in my ear.

"The thirteenth..." I mumbled to myself, trying to remember what was so important about the thirteenth. "The only thing I can think of is our anniver-...oh my god! I am so sorry! I am such a horrible person!"

"It's okay, and you're not horrible." Wyatt laughed. "I kinda knew you would forget, so it's okay."

I frowned. "I feel like a horrible person. I love you."

He laughed again. "I love you too. Meet me in the cafeteria after the bell rings so I can give you a ride home." He said before kissing my head and walking to class.

After a long and boring day, the final bell rang. I sped out of my class and to my locker, quickly grabbing my stuff before going to the cafeteria. I get to the cafeteria and see Wyatt waiting on me. I walked up to him and intertwined our fingers.