SEVEN.

-

will felt good as he stepped into school, but the moment he saw the crowds of people that contained troy, his heart sank and he walked slower and his heart pounded in his fragile chest as he walked.

people's shoulders shoved against his as his breathing sped up, and his sliver of breath caught in his throat and he couldn't breath anymore as he spotted mike and el, their hands attached, mike's thumb rubbing el's hand softly as the two giggled quietly next to the lockers.

will's legs felt like they had turned to jello, he froze in place, his body shaking and his breath stuck, his heart pounding so loud he swore the whole school could hear it. suddenly max pulled him into the group, and he stumbled against her. she furrowed her eyebrows, hanging on to him tightly, holding his face in her hand, a worried look on her face. "are you okay, willy?" he managed a nod, and she bit her lip. "breath, will. breath. breath for me."

he felt tears pour down his neck, and suddenly a breath escapes him, the fresh oxygen to his lungs that he needed so badly. he gasped, the air tasing like a candy he'd wanted his whole life. max pulled him into a hug, and he clutched his arms around her. he noticed as he pulled back the rest of the group looked worried as they headed over, but mike and el didn't know what was happening, still touching each other's faces and making cooing sounds.

-

lunch was just as painful, mike and el even more on top of each other then usual, el's legs draped across mike as she shuffled in his lap and giggled, and mikec whispering into her ear, as the rest of the group ignored them and made small talk.

will let his eyes linger around the rest of the lunchroom rather then staring at mike and el, and he felt beads of sweat appear on his forehead as his name was mentioned and he was drawn back into the conversation.

"will, don't you think mike and el are such a perfect couple?" dustin gushed, and neither mike nor el glanced at will as max and lucas laughed, batting their eyelashes at each other.

"i-uh. i'm gonna be late for class." will stood up suddenly, swinging his backpack over his shoulders and puffing out breath as he hurried across the lunchroom, ignoring the group's calls after him.

he stopped at the bathroom, pressing his back against the wall and gulping in air, his heart pounding. he steadied himself until the bell rang, and then sank to the floor instead of heading into class, his anxiety taking over as he clenched and unclenched his hands from the floor of the bathroom.

it felt like hours that he lay with his eyes closed on the bathroom floor, until he slowly rose to his feet and stumbled out into the hallway. he froze as he spotted mike and el, again, and this time el was pinned against the wall, giggling as mike kissed her harshly, her giggles evaporated as they grabbed at each other, and goosebumps appeared on will's skin. suddenly mike thrust open the door to the janitor's closet, and will felt his stomach flip over as mike carried el inside and the door clicked shut behind them.

a single, cold tear slipped out and ran down will's pale cheek, dripping down slowly until it splashed onto the ground, the noise registering in will's mind before he let the rest flow.

will turned, fleeing back down the hallway and barely made it to the bathroom before the liquid gushed out of his mouth, he couldn't breath as he retched into the toilet, his body heaving and feeling more worn out then ever.

again and again his body convulsed and he sank to the floor, his body shaking and his stomach churning, until he closed his eyes, and let himself sink into the darkness that was going to eventually come for his throbbing headache. he curled into a ball on the floor as he fell into a disturbed sleep.

well, you know what they say. when you hit rock bottom, the only way to go is... up.

-
author's note :)

TIME TO PANIC ITS HAPPENING

i'm so excited
i'm so excited
i'm so excited

just WAIT

i updated for my best friend ava bc she's sad and i love her a whole lot and ugh she's amazing that's all please love her guys