Houndour War

Ash looked down at Midnight. All the other pokemon had gotten tired of walking and gone back in their pokeballs, but she hadn't. When he asked her if she wanted to go in, she had refused, looking...scared?

Walking around the corner of the path, they heard loud curses and roars. They then saw a houndour and it's trainer.

The trainer was vigorously kicking the houndour. While the majority of pokemon trainers did not believe in pokemon abuse, it happened more then occasionally, although most good trainers tried to stop it. In fact, that was probably why they were here, on this rarely used path. There was less noticeable pokemon abuse now, though, since Ash Ketchem had become a pokemon master and gotten the legendary pokemon. Most trainers did it in the privacy of their own homes. But what was happening was very unusual.

Rather then seeing a cowering, trembling pokemon trying to shield itself from it's trainer's kicks, Ash saw something that looked more like war. As much as the trainer kicked it, it flamed him or bit his foot. The houndour's trainer was blackened, bloody and smoldering slightly. As far as Ash could tell, he was worse off then the brused houndour.

"Hey, you, what do you think you're doing?" yelled Ash.

"Mid!" Midnight agreed.

The trainer looked up, slightly surprised and very annoyed by Ash's appearance, and very surprised by the sight of Midnight.

"- -. -! What kind of pokemon is that!?" he yelped, whipping out his pokedex

"No available data" it said in a monotone

The houndour looked up, then cowered on the ground, whimpering.

[What's wrong?] asked Midnight curiously.