Chapter Two - Teardrops

Aimee didn't know how many hours had passed, laying on her side, ever so slightly shaking. The car was already on the highway, headed for a place she could only describe as Where the fuck.

She had managed to get some sleep, but laying for the longest time on her right was starting to bruise her arm and stiffen her neck.

Beads of sweat formed on her temple as she finally began to feel terrified.

She knew that her dad, being the highly influential lawyer that he was, had also gained a considerable amount of enemies. For example, a client of his, a middle aged lady,  had lost her half sister to the hands of a corrupt chairman, whom she had previously worked for.

Apparently she had done extensive research on said chairman, and thus had discovered a bunch of filthy little secrets, all of which she had kept in a USB.

That couldn't be it, no. That's already taken care of,  Aimee thought.

She continued to further rack her brain for anything that had to do with her father, that might have caused her abduction.

There was that attempted murder of a guy who had worked as a henchman for a mafia. If I recall, the leader's right hand man was put away. I wonder if that's it. Sounds about accurate.

Aimee slowly turned to face Lord. She cringed lightly; her arm had become somewhat injured from having had her entire body turned to the right.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, she managed to turn around without making a single sound.

Lord had his eyes shut, and his shoulders rose and fell. His arms were still crossed, and his head hung low.

Aimee went for it.

"Pssst."

Nope. Nada.

"Hey."

No.

"Lord, my hands are untied."

At that, the man stirred and opened his eyes. "You gonna say something that is not in the least bit retarded?"

"Mhm."

"Spit it out then."

She edged closer to Lord, so as not to be heard by Gary.

"Does this have anything to do with my father?" She whispered.

Lord didn't say anything for a moment. He just stared at her.

"I need to know." She detested pleading.

After another five seconds, Lord nodded.

"Yeah. He promised the Boss he would help him sort out a tax thing. Then for some reason, he backed the fuck out. He was the only one who agreed to help him out."

Aimee could not believe her ears. "My dad ... Was helping a gangster get away with shit?"

Lord was about to retaliate something back, but didn't.

Aimee had known all along that her father also helped out bad people.

Her mother constantly bitched about how he was "having an affair with his work". Aimee made fun of her for phrasing it that way. As if her father was out somewhere fucking the shit out of someone who was not her mother.

"Maybe dad's a closeted gay" was a remark that had been rewarded with a sharp slap across her face.

"Anyway," Lord sighed, "we figured that you would be the fastest way out."

Aimee chuckled. "Smart. He'll go insane for sure."

Lord raised an eyebrow at her. "You're in a car with two guys who could at any time choose to murder you or rape you. How the fuck are you not scared?"

Aimee was terrified, a little. But for some unknown reason, she was okay with it. Being forced into a car and taken to God knows where.

Maybe the consistent bad luck she had had the past couple of weeks had given her a defeated outlook on life. Her mom practically hated her, her dad ignored her, her friends were hardly there for her, and her grades sucked ass.

"I am scared, but not that scared." She quickly said.

"Hm." He observed.

Aimee thought she had seen something other than I-don't-give-a-fuck in those eyes of his.

She didn't want to keep talking to the guy, but she felt that if she continued to be mute, she would feel even more aware of her situation. He wasn't all that intimidating in comparison to the driver.

Hell, she had gone so far as to think that he wasn't that evil of a person.

Just as she opened her mouth to say something else, there was a loud rumble. She lifted her eyes to look at the window as rain and wind combined fell, swooshed, and twirled in a dance all of their own.

In the midst of all this, Lord searched her eyes with a mixture of annoyance, tiredness, and faint interest.

Silently, he took off his jacket and placed it on her, before leaning back in the same position.

She nodded in thanks and proceeded to curl up in a fetal position, to try and get some more rest.

"That's your answer. I'm sorry," she thought she heard him say below a whisper.

Aimee looked up to see him with his eyes shut, and then, managed to sleep.