Chapter Seven - Glass

Lord was officially intrigued by his captive.

Maybe her air of hilarious precociousness with a touch of misery was what had probably drawn him in.

"What do you want?"

Her sudden speech disrupted his thoughts.

To his realization, his sky blue orbs had been staring at her lonesome, sweet, fragile countenance all throughout his pondering.

Again, he was caught in an act he deemed disgraceful.

For her part, Aimee didn't care.

Weird.

That was the only word that had popped into her mind.

There was a tension present that she didn't fully comprehend.

"I don't want anything." He said after a moment's silence. "I'm just wondering how you can be so ... I don't know ... Calm, I guess."

He almost had let the word accepting slip out.

Aimee took a breath. "I wanted to leave my surroundings."

Lord furrowed his brow. "Leave?"

"Yeah. I'm tired of everything."

He tried not to feel pity for her.

Aimee on the other hand felt somewhat shocked; her wish had come true in the unlikeliest of ways. She had yearned to disappear, and she got what she wanted.

Her captor however, didn't know how to respond to her statement.

He wasn't supposed to comfort her, when he himself had a role to play in her disappearance.

Aimee lifted her brown eyes to look at Lord, then proceeded to lie down on her side, facing away from him.

Her bladder started to bother her. If she continued to sit up, she would feel it. If she lied down, she would still feel it.

Also, tears had formed in her eyes. She didn't want to be seen.

Suddenly, she felt a hand slightly brush her back; Lord had once again placed his jacket over her.

Then, she felt his lips brush against her ear. "Ten minutes."

She nodded, and closed her eyes, as a tear escaped.

Lord could see that she was starting to have a hard time. He didn't know if it was because she was kidnapped, if her life sucked as she had earlier implied or what, but he couldn't stand to see her like that.

After much inner debate, he decided.

* * * * *

Aimee looked up at the ceiling through half lidded eyes. She felt a light touch on her back.

Huh? What's going on?

It had taken about five seconds to register that Lord was patting her back at a leisurely pace.

Aimee smiled to herself as another tear fell down her cheek.

* * * * *

Aimee had actually fallen asleep. It took her a while to wake up to Lord's stirring.

"You wanted to go, right? We're here." He whispered.

She yawned, as he began to untie her hands. Gary peeked over at Lord, and raised an eyebrow.

" 'Cha doin'?"

Lord rolled his eyes. "She's gotta go, genius. You want piss in your car, fuckwad?"

Gary chuckled. "Guess not."

Lord helped her up, opened the back door, and jumped out of the car with her.

He had to make it seem like he wasn't her kidnapper, so he took her hand in his.

Aimee looked down, then at him.

"Play along." He said coolly.

They entered the store and he took her to the bathroom. Lord stood a few feet away from the restroom door, as Aimee entered one of the stalls.

Suddenly, the door to the store opened again. It was Gary. The guy waved at Lord as he approached him.

"So man. You gettin' chummy with her?" Was a question he did not expect.

Lord scoffed. "The fuck kind of question is that?"

Gary wasn't all that retarded, and Lord knew it.

"You just seem to have developed a soft spot for that chick. I kinda have as well."

To this particular piece of information, Lord widened his eyes.

This was a big Oh-no.

"Watch yourself, Gary." He warned, with danger in his eyes.

The sick individual laughed and shrugged. "Whatever, man. I'm gonna go wait in the car."

As he ran out of the store, Aimee opened the bathroom door and walked out of it, and bumped into Lord.

"Oh-"

"Let's head out."

He took her hand once again.