Chapter Three - Masquerade

Aimee's exhausted subconscious had been catapulted into a heap of nightmares.

The guy's leather jacket didn't help.

Meanwhile, for his part, Lord couldn't stand to see her convulse and nearly cry out in her sleep. That would alert the shit out of Gary, the sick fuck.

In the few years he had worked with Gary, being a henchman in one of the most notorious mafias in the city, Lord had witnessed some pretty brutal incidents.

Gary had a thing for young teenage girls. He had raped a little over six girls, and out of the six he had managed to murder two.

Lord had been the spectator to only one incident, a non-murderous one. He had made sure not to work alongside Gary since then, but had heard back from other henchmen who told him about five more, similar atrocious accounts Gary had been severely guilty of.

The bastard had started to be too much for the Boss, so he had been warned to tread with caution.

Lord inhaled deeply as he continued to watch Aimee.

She had began to whimper.

He grit his teeth, aggravated.

The worst case scenario unfolded in his mind. Gary would stop the car, corner her, hit her a few times, and eventually rape her.

Of course, that would have only happened if Gary had come with another partner.

"Mmm..." She moaned in mental pain.

Gently, he stirred her with his large, almost delicate hand.

"Um, Aimee."

She trembled.

"Babe." He was stern now.

She fluttered her eyes open and looked up at him.

"I couldn't give a fuck about your dream world, but if you keep it up, Gary will stop the car. You want that?"

Aimee bit her bottom lip. "I guess not."

Lord almost smiled. "Thought so."

He realized that his hand was still on her shoulder, so he removed it.

"What time is it? She yawned.

"It's almost six in the morning."

"Where are we going?"

Lord noticed that she had forgotten about the fact that she had already asked that question.

He took pity on her and turned to face the tear stained window.

"Irvine." He silently revealed.

"So we're still in California." She mused. "Once we get there, what are you gonna do with me?"

He held back a laugh. "Why do you think I'm obliged to reveal anything to you?"

"Because you kidnapped me?" She fired back.

Lord gave up. He couldn't with this stupid girl.

"We'll be going into a warehouse. After that, we wait." He simplified.

She nodded, and motioned to get up. Lord reached out to help her, but she was fast.

"Thanks." She muttered.

Lord didn't like getting caught doing a good deed.

"Whatever." Was the cold return.

Just as she leaned against the window, her stomach growled. Lord looked up to see her face turned to the side. Luckily, he couldn't see the crimson in her cheeks because of her flowing hair.

"Starving?" He questioned.

She nodded.

Lord reached over to place his hands across one of the passenger seats in the back.

"Gary, let's stop and get some junk."

The man looked at Lord from the rear view mirror. "A'ight."

He sat himself back down and crossed his arms in front of him.

His eyes inadvertently wandered to the young girl.

She was indeed a beauty. Aesthetic surgery was nowhere to be found. Her big, expressive brown eyes were perfect, her small nose just right, and her small pouted lips were naturally tempting.

When they had first kidnapped her, Lord was in a haste. He had not taken a good look at her.

But now that he had clearly seen her in the sunrise, she was gorgeous.

Slowly, Aimee directed her worn-out eyes to his blue ones.

He was caught yet again.

No good deeds had tried to be done this time; he had been caught paying homage to her.

Their eyes locked.