Chapter Sixteen - Thoughts

Throughout the drive, Lord would occasionally look at Aimee from the corner of his eye.

Occasionally, she'd return his gentle gaze.

This time around, she was looking out the window, her fingers grazing her injured arm.

She grimaced.

It was a pain that differed greatly from a sprain, a cut, or a bruise.

A single bullet had been driven all the way through her tender skin, tearing her flesh just a bit.

At least I didn't dislocate my fucking arm.

Aimee didn't realize that she had spent a little over five minutes touching her arm and staring into nowhere in particular.

"Aimee?"

It's starting to hurt again.

A hand landed on hers.

She tore away from her wandering stare to look at Lord.

He was worried.

"Are you alright?"

She smiled in response.

Satisfied with her reply, he returned his eyes to the road. 

Although she had turned her head to the front like him, her eyes wandered again.

From the corner of her peripheral, she could see Lord bite his bottom lip a bit, trying to figure out which exit to take next.

He was a fast, but careful driver. San Francisco was still a few hours away however.

But Aimee didn't care about that.

She continued to steal glances at Lord, particularly his lips.

She closed her eyes for a moment, trying to remember his taste, his embrace, his scent, his hands, his hair.

Aimee had reached up to caress his hair as she sat on his lap whilst their heated kissing session.

She brushed her lips for a second, before looking out the window.

Aimee wasn't the only one who was still reeling from the kiss.

Lord did not want to take it any further than the kiss, but he had caught Aimee staring at him.

From what he had managed to briefly glimpse, he could tell that she wanted his lips on hers again.

And most likely everywhere.

He had somehow figured out that she wasn't virginal.

If he had kissed her a bit more, she most likely would have tried to push things farther, even if he at the time had different thoughts on the matter.

She sure was a terrific kisser. Lord was tempted to do it all over again.

But there were some factors to consider.

Although he was intending to change his ways and possibly see her again one day, there was no guarantee that things would work out.

After all, she was still a young, stupid girl. A stupid teenage girl that he was supposed to kidnap and use as blackmail against her father.

From the corner of his eye, he checked if she was still looking at him.

Nope.

She had fallen asleep, her head turned sideways to the left.

He smiled softly.

No. She wasn't a stupid girl.

In his head, he apologized to her for letting such thoughts grace his mind.

Leaning down for just a quick second, he pecked her forehead.

* * * * *

Lord was slow to realize that they were in San Francisco, and that it was night time.

Driving for nearly seven hours without stopping had turned him into a zombie of sorts.

However, he had to take an exit in the highway he was on - to a place he didn't want to go back to anymore.

For her part, Aimee had slept on and off, not asking once for food or bathroom for that matter.

Although it was fixed, her wound still gave her shit, hence the reason why she had been somewhat restless throughout the trip.

Lord had asked her several times if she needed this or that, and all she could muster was a numb "no."

Now, her stomach decided to let her know it was time to fill her belly with something.

"Hungry?" Lord asked, trying not to chuckle at her stomach's growl.

She nodded. "Yeah."

He squeezed her hand. "And you want ..."

"Anything. Anything is fine."

"We have to make it quick though."

He slowed the car down at a red light, and completely stopped.

Aimee turned her orbs to meet his. "Your boss?"

"M-hm."

She leaned forward. "I trust you."

Lord fumbled with his words for a bit. "I ..."

Aimee leaned completely forward this time, and kissed his lips.

Lord savored her mouth on his, before she broke the kiss.

"I trust you." She repeated, firmly this time, her eyes still in his.

Lord smiled. "I know."

Then, the light turned green.