Chapter Fifteen - Resolve

Lord's eyes remained half open, while Aimee's were closed.

It wasn't a brush of the lips, nor was it a passionate kiss.

It was a firm, full on the lips kind of kiss with no tongue, and to Aimee, it was another way of saying "thank you", and quite possibly, "I probably like you."

Lord was able to make out the message quite clearly, and he was stunned, for something in his heart had bloomed as well.

Just as he closed his eyes, she began to pull away.

His sky blue orbs flew open as he grabbed her wrist.

"You-"

"Don't say anything." She interrupted, looking away. "I don't know why I did it."

He began to pull her closer to him. "Yes you do, Aimee." His voice was soft and low.

"You did a lot for me." She was desperately searching for excuses. "I thanked you."

He didn't let her go. Instead, he pulled her even closer to him, until their noses touched.

His eyes wandered down to her lips; he raised his right hand to brush his fingers against those lips.

Those soft, tender, plump lips.

"You're just a kid. I don't get it." He whispered.

She closed her eyes briefly. "You're not that much older."

"Eight years."

She smiled slightly. "I figured that."

Lord held her face and stared long and deep into her eyes, and touched her wounded arm. "I'll be damned if something like this were to ever happen to you again."

There was a possessive hint in his tone, one that Aimee didn't seem to mind.

"And?" She asked.

Lord finally looked away. "And I should take you back."

Aimee was slightly disappointed with his answer, but again, she understood.

Unbecknownst to her, Lord was disappointed as well.

No matter what they both had grown to feel for each other, they knew that they had to part ways.

Lord looked into her brown orbs, and brushed a strand from her face.

She touched his hand, which he held against her cheek, and smiled softly.

Without another word, he tilted his head to the side and kissed her, as his arms encircled her waist in a protective embrace, as she sat on his lap.

She responded to his kiss, parting her lips ever so slightly, permitting him entrance, which he sweetly reciprocated.

The kiss was deep, much alike their feelings, which had grown during their ... Trip. Yes, their trip.

As their kiss grew more passionate,
Lord let his lips wander to her neck for a passing moment, before returning to her anxious lips.

Aimee had started to feel a tingling sensation in the very core of her being, and moaned into the kiss.

Lord on the other hand, had chosen to keep himself in check. He did not plan on taking things further, and he had to let Aimee know this.

With a quiet smack, he departed from her lips.

Aimee's accelerated breathing diminished almost instantly.

"This to you," he raised a hand to her chin, " was my goodbye."

A sad smile crossed her face, and she nodded.

"I can't tell you how sorry I am for everything I've helped put you through." He hung his head in genuine shame.

Aimee shook her head. "You made a wish come true."

His eyes shot up.

"In a very unlikely way." She added with a small laugh. "But now it's time for me to return to my reality, and you to yours."

Lord swallowed as she weakly made her way to the front, to the passenger seat.

He sat against the window for a couple of minutes, taking in everything that had happened.

From her kidnapping up to the point where he had kissed her, and loved her.

He loved her.

And the time of which they had spent together was so short.

Lord shook his head at the thought, as he made his way to the driver's seat.

He side-glanced Aimee, who was staring out the window, before starting the engine.

* * * * *

As they rode along, Lord knew that before returning the girl home, he had to make a stop.

A stop that would decide his fate.

A fate that would change everything.

A fate where he would be able to see her again.