~thunderclouds~

Juvia's POV

She watched as a massive stormcloud made its way towards the two of them. She had no clue if they would be able to fight Haru off, but Juvia knew having Natsu by her side would give her a shot.

"Juvia. After everything I've been through to get you back... How could you betray me like this? You should've killed our parents when you had the chance, but instead you're saving them? How could you? " A distorted voice sounded through the thick clouds. It had begun to storm, and it had gotten so dark they couldn't see even a foot in front of them.

"Haru! Calm down! Let's talk about this! We could let our parents go and then-" Juvia was quickly cut off.

"LISTEN HERE YOU DUMB BASTARD! WHAT KIND OF A BROTHER KIDNAPS HIS OWN SISTER AND TRIES TO GET HER TO KILL HER OWN PARENTS? LIKE I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH YOUR PAST BUT THAT'S GOING A LITTLE FAR!" Natsu voice was escalating by the second, all the while Juvia was finding herself blushing.

What had she ever done for Natsu to go to such lengths to risk his life for her? She'd never paid much attention to him over the past couple years, and he'd always been so consumed with Lucy for him to even bother with her existence. So why was he being so nice? Why did he even care?

There was a long silence. Haru seemed taken aback. His shock quickly turned into anger, and a massive thunderbolt struck the earth right at their feet. Juvia was instantly blinded, and when she hit the ground, the breath was instantly knocked out of her. She must've flew a couple feet from where she had been originally, because Natsu was nowhere to be seen.

She felt herself panicking.

"Natsu!? Where are you? Are you okay?"

There was a faint glow in the distance, and then-

"Juvia! Thank god you're alive! Just stay here and don't move, okay? I've got this. I don't want you hurt." Natsu knelt down to her, kissed her forehead, and ran off into the mist.

For that split second, Juvia fully stopped breathing. Her heart was beating a million times a second, and her breathing was staggered. What... had just happened?

Juvia watched from ground level as explosions rocked the earth, and the air was filled with the sound of waves crashing onto rocks. Natsu suddenly crosses her line of vision, and she noticed a violent red gash over his right eye. He was hurt. And bad.

Natsu couldn't win this. Not alone. And she was just sitting helplessly, playing the damsel in distress. She was just a burden, like she always was when she was around Gray.

The thought of Gray immediately brought tears to her eyes. What did she ever do wrong? She couldn't have Natsu thinking of her that way too.

Juvia quickly jumped to her feet.

"Natsu! That fire and water spell. The one we tried a couple missions ago. We should use that!"

There were a couple more grunts, and then- "But last time it didn't work! It's too dangerous!" Natsu was very clearly losing energy.

Juvia saw Haru through the pouring rain, a creepy grin on his face. Juvia gasped. There wasn't even a scratch on his body.

"No! This time it'll work! I swear! It's our only chance!"

Juvia heard Natsu's thudding footsteps as he quickly made his way towards her.

"Admit it, it's over," exclaimed Haru. "I win. So join me Juvia. Let's get revenge on everyone that's ever harmed us."

Juvia quickly felt for Natsu's hand, and felt his arm wrap around her torso. She looked up at him, his hair matter down from all the rain, and shot him a quick half-smile. He returned it, and turned, preparing to attack.

Juvia had felt so comfortable standing here with him in the rain. She felt powerful. With him, she felt she could do anything.

She began channeling her power into her body, and then-

BOOM

The ground shook, threatening to split, as a massive spiral of heat and cold shot out of their clasped hands, barreling towards Haru.

And then- it was over.

The sky had cleared, revealing the wreckage. The ground around them had been beaten to the pulp, dirt overturned and craters in the ground.

And slumped over the ground- was Haru.

Juvia quickly came to her senses, and noticed she was still holding hands with Natsu. She quickly separated, blushing profusely, and made her was towards Haru.

There were multiple scratched on his arms, face, and legs, and his left sleeve was torn, revealing that his upper arm had a huge gash on it.

Juvia knew he may be crazy, and just tried to kill them, but she didn't have the heart to leave him to die.

"Haru, I was in the same position you were. I was lost, thinking what I was doing was right. After I was stripped of my purpose, I had no place to go. Join the Fairy Tail guild, and I'll forget what happened today, okay?"

Haru looked up at her, breathing heavily. "There's no way I would ever join you and you're freakshow guild. Not in a million-"

SLAP

A mark on Haru's cheek was reddening as Juvia watched Natsu lug him over his shoulder.

"JUVIA! WHY'D YOU SLAP ME! THAT HURT SO MUCH!" Haru was flailing and protesting.

Natsu just grinned. "That's Juvia for ya."

Juvia blushed as they made their way to the train station, Haru trying to escape Natsu's grasp all the while.

She knew the guild would hate her for this. Haru was pretty annoying. Then again, the guild was pretty crazy, so maybe he'd fit right in.

•••