Welcome to Rusty's Rockabilly

*unedited*
Rusty's POV

My diner has been open since my second year in college and is located in a small town two hours away from my hometown of Franklin. Maintaining my education and this diner was hard work but I made it and it has been booming ever since. I have no co-owners...it's just me. My staff is amazing and I couldn't ask for anyone better.

My best friend, Carli, works here with me or for me. She cooks or serves the food. Her dad, Dan, comes and cooks when he isn't working at his other job. Her mom, Kris, does as well. My other waiters/waitresses are Jamie, Molly, Kail, and Haley. Jamie is the only guy on my staff besides Dan and the youngest. They all work amazingly and attract customers, which I am glad for.

On the outside of the diner, a neon pink guitar with Rockabilly and my name, shine bright as does the tall sign. The outside walls of the diner are a shiny metal, chrome, with neon light bars circling the building. There are plenty of parking spaces and even an outdoor dining area for smokers. The inside has four sections different sections.

As soon as you walk into the door you step foot into the fifties. The bar and front booths represent the fifties in every way possible. Red booth seats as well as the stools for the bar. The black and white checkered style tiles covers all of the diner floor. The chairs to the tables are red and black. Pictures of Elvis and many others from the fifties hang on the wall. In the far corner, you have the jukebox that plays lots of hits from the fifties to the nineties.

On top of the bar, we have four glass single tier cake stands. Two of them holds pies and the other two hold cakes. Ketchup and Mustard bottles sit on top of the bar with napkin holders. They also sit on top of every table and booth with sugars, sweeteners, and salt and pepper. The register is at the end of the bar where it opens to the back of the diner.

The sixties portion of the diner has a blue wall with many of the artist from the sixties plastered on it. The small row of booths that line the wall and the booths in the middle of the floor are made out of Cadillacs from that decade. The opposite wall is also blue with Coca Cola memorabilia covering the wall. A small coke refrigerator holds the small sodas for children.

The seventies has neon green and blue splattered onto the wall with a small disco ball above the row of black and red tables and booths. Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, Fleetwood Mac, Queen, the Ramones, disco artists memorabilia hang from the two walls.

The eighties space has many clothing items hanging from the walls with a few guitars and vinyl record covers. Pictures of hair bands collages are on the tables of the booths and the two rows of tables in the middle. The embarrassing pictures of all of our family members from the eighties hang freely for everyone to enjoy. Mainly because of their hair style and the clothes.

The last section of the diner is the nineties. The decade I was born in. Nirvana memorabilia hangs on the wall with lots of other bands and artist. The nineties section has more than just rock, it has rap and many other genres that popped out within the decade. Some of the clothing and fashion styles hang on the wall with cassette tapes and boy band posters.

Our food is homemade. Our menu ranges from burgers and fries to Mexican food and stew. Shakes, Coke's, milk, and just about any beverage you can think of. We make our cakes and pies. We use Blue Bell ice cream for our shakes and floats.

My mom, Lyla, helped build up the menu and prices. My dad, Jose, only made sure to feature authentic Mexican food and not Tex-Mex.

It took half a year to get my diner the way I wanted and I was happy it happened so fast. Everything fell into place when we started working on it.

I pull my blonde hair up into a bun as I look over my fifties style work attire. Everyday is a dress of day. Every Monday is fifties, Tuesday's are sixties, Wednesday's are seventies, Thursday's are eighties, and Friday's are the nineties. Saturday and Sunday's are free dress up days as long as it's appropriate. Carli walks into our shared bathroom and smiles at me as she grabs her phone off the counter.

"Do you want to come out with me after work?" I raise my brow at her and she sheepishly smiles. "We get off at nine and we can make it to a party I was invited to."

"I have to work a double but you go ahead." She nods and walks away.

Carli and I share a three bedroom apartment together. My parents nor hers pay for anything of ours. We have worked hard to get what we want. I walk out of the bathroom and go straight to my room. I grab my apron and phone then go into the living room.

"Since you are going to party tonight drive your car." Carli nods. I grab my keys off the counter and leave.

I pull up to the diner and quickly make my way in as the lunch rush starts. I take Molly's place behind the bar. The diner quickly fills up as we keep dishing food out.

The rushes of the day die down. The light hum of Elvis plays in the background as an elderly couple sway by their booth. Couples come to reminisce and teens come to see the memorabilia and eat the nice food. Young adults and teens come throughout all hours of the day as the older people come during the day.

I've been working twelve hour shifts for the past three weeks. All of my workers usually only work eight hours and I just pick up the slack instead of hiring another person. I've been stressed out and losing weight even though I eat like I'm obese and don't know how to stop.

The bell above the door chimes as I clean the counter of the bar and straighten everything. I see someone sitting at the end of the bar by the register. I stride over there quite quickly since I have short legs. I'm only five foot three but I'm thick in the right places...I get that from my mom.

I pull my pad out and pen and glance up. I see Tyler Dean, a friend from high school and college, sitting in front of me. I smile at him and returns it.

"What can I get you, Tyler?" He slowly licks his lips as he looks me up and down.

"Your mom texted me and told me to come take you away for the weekend. She even volunteered herself and your dad to work in your place." I snort. "Come on, your mom is worried about you and you need this."

My mom worries too much. "Why aren't you in Franklin with Ashlee?"

Ashlee is Tyler's girlfriend. They started dating after he broke things off with me. They have been going at it for four years now and have had many ups and downs. I slide my pad and pen back into my pocket.

"She is at college right now..." I nod. "I will go to your apartment and pack a bag for you and put it in my car."

"Fine, I'll go, but it'll be after I get off at four." He narrows his eyes at me. "Unless you want my mom to come in now and take over then. I can't leave them here by themselves, especially, without a good cook back there."

"Well you're in luck because both your parents are in the parking lot ready to work." I groan and he chuckles. "I'm going to go pack your bag. Meet me at your apartment."

I simple nod and leaves with a big smile on his face. My parents rush in and come behind the counter with their aprons on. I roll my eyes at them and smile.

"Everything will be fine, Rusty, go." I nod and grab my stuff. I hug them goodbye and then leave.

I go back to my apartment and see Tyler sitting on the couch watching TV. I smirk and go off into my room. I strip out of my clothes and quickly put on an old UOH (University of Houston) long sleeve shirt on that covers me down to my mid thigh and then put on some black leggings. I slide on my brown Uggs and grab my phone along with my charger and purse.

I walk out of my room and Tyler quickly stands up. Tyler turns the TV off and motions towards the door. I simply nod and we leave the apartment. We get down to his black Dodge Charger. We climb in and he looks over at me with a smile as wide as my aunt Gretchen's ass.

"You ready?" I wickedly smile.

"As ready as I'll ever be, Tyler."