Sign

*unedited* time jump
Rusty's POV
10 years later....

It's been ten years since we've found out Jax was deaf. Everyone excepted him as the he was and we were glad. The girls, Haven and Shelby, loved him the same once they understood. Tyler put off the adoption thing for a few months but ultimately went back to it.

Tyler and I got married so he could adopt. We have been married for about eight years and that's how old our younger son, Elijah. Our marriage was force but after years of just showing the kids that we are together we finally just started dating each other.

The car pulls to a stop in the parking lot of the football field. I look over at Tyler as he takes a deep breath. Deciding to let Jax play football was a hard decision considering he can't hear but we go his coach and everyone else on board with it. Elijah plays as well. The girl's are cheerleaders much to my dismay.

We all pile out of the car and make our way into the stadium. The boys go off to their coach and the girls find theirs. Tyler and I sit up in the bleachers are the morning sun.

"How you feeling...since it's his first game..." I look at him and shrug. "If you don't want him to play let me know."

"I know. I want him to experience everything." Tyler nods and look down at the field.

After everyone stretches, start the game and I watch as I cringe as he takes hit after hit. I squeeze Tyler's thigh and I feel him flex it. Jax and Elijah sign to each other about the play and then they get ready.

Tyler nudges me on the shoulder and I look at him and then he points to a girl half the size of Haven. I watch her watch Jax as he tackles the kid in front of him.

"I think she has a crush on our Jax..." Tyler whispers. I giggle as I continue to watch the two of them. "That's Rose's daughter, Frankie, she's head cheerleader."

I look at Tyler. "How the hell do you know that?" He smiles.

"Haven kind of has word vomited sometimes when she's talking about her day or something." I giggle. "Frankie likes him but hasn't said anything to him because she does know how to sign to him and what not but...but apparently she has been learning."

I smile widely. "That's cute."

After practice we all piled into the car and drove to the diner. Our waitress approaches us and smiles at us. We go through our order and she stops at Jax and he looks at me and then her.

"Burger, just cheese and fries." Jax signs to me and I look at the waitress.

"He wants a burger, just cheese with fries." She nods and walks away. I look over at Jax and see him staring at the table. I tap on his hand and he looks at me. "You okay?" I sign to him.

"I'm tired, sore, and very sleepy." I nod. "I just want to go home."  He ends his signing and lays his head on the table.

I look around my diner and take it in. It's been open for over a decade and it still thrives and I am beyond happy that it does. Both locations are doing great.

Our waitress comes back and give us all of our food and I smile at her. "Can we get a to go box?" She nods and walks off.

We eat and pay and then go back home. The girls go off outside with Elijah. I make my way to Jax's room and sit on his bed as he stares up at the ceiling.

I tap on his stomach and he sits up and looks at me. "How you feeling?" I sign to him.

"Tired. I just want to sleep." I nod and kiss his forehead. I leave his room and go downstairs to see Tyler.

I find him sitting on the couch watching TV. I plop down beside him and lay my head on his lap.

"You okay, love?" I nod. "I think the boys on the team are giving him a hard time..."

"Why you say that?" I look at him.

"It just seems like their skeptical about him playing. I don't think he should be the position he's in. His arm is way better then Jeremy's." I smirk. "I don't know but he needs to feel welcomed."

"I know, I know." Tyler strokes my hair and kisses my forehead.

"We've made it this far we can keep it going."