𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Your POV

I was about to talk to Lei on the rooftop. When I got there I saw him with Shancai. I was about to leave but I heard them talk.

"Shancai, be my girlfriend. Am I not better than Si?" Lei asks her.

"Are you really Huaze Lei?" I look at them.

"I'm just kidding." He chuckles.

"Did you believe me? You are so cute." He smiled.

"I couldn't steal Ah-Si's girlfriend. He's my brother. Unless....you want to date behind his back?"

What is going on with him? What happened? Why did he change? Why was he pretending to be okay?

"You believed me again?"

Why does his jokes hurt me? I need to leave. I don't even know anymore.

"Ah, Lei! Y/N's here!" No, I got caught.

Shancai smiles at me. I awkwardly smile back. She went away.

"Y/N, you're the only one who knows the truth. Please don't tell them. Let them know on their own." He looks at me, more like pleading me to not say a word.

"Um, okay. I won't tell them." I smile at him.

"How can you pretend that you're okay?" I look into his eyes.

"I don't know either." He started to tear up.

"Oh, no. Don't cry." I wiped his tears.

"Can you help me move on? Please?" You looked at me with teary eyes. I couldn't help but say yes.

"Thank you! You are so kind!" He hugs me.

"Why can't I love someone like you?" He faced me and held my face.

He kissed me. I felt sparks. Butterflies in my stomach. But this was wrong. Because he didn't love me. I pulled away, said I was sorry, and ran away.

I stopped midway. I went down and cried. I was afraid. Afraid you'll use me as a rebound.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to kiss you." He bent down my level and patted my back.

"I'm just afraid, Lei. I'm afraid you'll use me to get over Jing." I cry.

"I'm afraid I'll get played by you. I'm afraid I might fall for you."

"Because Lei, I like you. I don't want you to use me as a rebound. I don't want you to pretend you love me. I don't want to be hurt."

"So, please. Just leave me alone." I stood up and ran again.

"Wait, Y/N!"

Lei

I

Don't

Want

To

Feel

Used

But

I

Wouldn't

Want

To

Lose

You