Chapter 1

Title: You Speak In Every Curling Wave

Title Credit: Fall Down, Never Get Back Up Again, by La Dispute

Author: catisafaker

Disclaimer: I own neither Austin, nor Alan, much to my intense disappointment.

a/n: it's 3 in the morning and I'm inspired. This is the sequel to Open Your Eyes (Cashby). Vote and comment :*

AUSTIN'S POV

My feet made hollow echoing noises against the hardwood floor, and I slipped my shoes off by the front mat. After swinging the door shut, I propped my messenger bag up against the table and walked towards the bedroom. Alan's classes had ended today at 3, so, to my intense pleasure and overly ridiculous satisfaction at the prospect of spending more time with him, I went straight to where I thought he'd be.

Upon walking into our room, I did see him, but not in the state I had assumed he'd be in. All curled up in a fetal position on the floor, my lover clutched a small pillow to his chest, eyes screwed shut and frame slightly shaking. I knew exactly what this meant, and it broke my heart, but there was little to be done. Stooping down to his small form, I laid a hand on his torso, causing him to jump. Even in the midst of a paranoid delusion, he was positively stunning.

"A-Austin, it's you." He sighed, closing his eyes again, tighter this time.

"Who else would it be, baby?" I cooed, pulling him up into my lap.

"They said... They said..." He stopped mid-sentence, staring out the window. I sighed, just holding him tighter and kissing his shoulder. He seemed to snap out of it, looking back to me. "I'm sorry." He mumbled, cheeks burning red.

"For what?" I chuckled, mostly for his benefit. Alan had a bad case of blaming-myself-for-the-uncontrollable.

"For... me." He nodded, like he was pleased with his phrasing, then rose upwards and walked out. Following him, I watched as he pulled some leftovers out of the fridge.

"Sweetheart, we've been over this: I-" Alan cut me off.

"I know we've been over it! Do you think that makes it any less embarrassing?" He raised his voice, then sunk to the kitchen chair in defeat. Watching him do this to himself really did hurt me; all I wanted to do was help. I walked over quickly and took his hands in mine. He tilted his head up a bit to look at me, a small, apologetic smile making itself clear. Pulling him up, I led him back to the bedroom.

"You just need to relax." I spoke, my words edged with suggestion. He bit down on his lower lip, watching me as I pulled my shirt off.

"Okay." He said slowly, smiling like an idiot. Taking his shirt off and gently placing him on the bed, I hovered above his eager, waiting body.

"Well," I said in the most seductive tone I could manage, my eyes shamelessly raking over his bare chest, "let's get to it."

•••

"Do you like this one?" He asked, walking out of our closet in a grey jacket and assessing himself in our full length mirror that hung on the inside of the door. My lips separated a bit to allow heavy breathing. Alan was... heart-stopping. My heart, to be exact.

"Y-yeah, you look great. Why're you so worried anyways? It's not a big deal." I assured him. Tonight was the night I was going to introduce him to my parents. I think my mom was just more happy that I found someone instead of focusing on the fact that he was a boy. My dad made no comment, and Jeff had laughed and said 'what a queer'. It was brotherly teasing, though, I knew.