Chapter 13

AUSTIN'S POV

The next morning, Alan woke up early. When I say early, I mean 4 in the morning. I heard the bed squeak under his weight displacement, then watched through tired eyes as he walked into the kitchen. A few minutes later, he still hadn't come back, and I missed his presence dearly. Even after everything that had happened, I still felt those ridiculous tongue-tying good feelings just from looking at him. Alan had something about him, like when my eyes fell on his form, it felt like they'd found a home. The gentle curve of his lips, the way light reflected from his gorgeous light brown eyes, the space between his words when he inhaled so softly; all of it had me pulling my hair out trying to find a proper way to make him mine forever.

I stood, as quiet as I could possibly be, and followed him. There he stood, wearing nothing but boxers and my t-shirt, and stared out the window into the blackness of morning. A steaming mug of coffee fogged up the glass pane, and my stomach just tripped over itself, looking at him. The way he looked was so still and painted, like a perfect photograph, and I didn't want to disrupt one bit of the picturesqueness. But I did.

Walking up to him very gingerly, I prayed that my footsteps wouldn't be too loud. He turned around anyways, but said nothing. Breathing deeply, I wrapped my arms around him from behind and rubbed his stomach in a soothing manner. Holding him was like holding something that no one else had ever discovered; like seeing a brand new, beautiful color that no one else had ever laid their eyes on before like you had. Not that he was innocent before me, but in the way that I knew no one had ever loved, or will ever love, him the way that I do. No one. In fact, I was unsure that another human being had ever loved like this before. Alan leaned back into my grasp, setting his coffee down on the table and getting cozy in my arms. It felt like every other problem fell away right then. If you've never experienced this before, then it's very impossible to understand how, in that moment, nothing could ever go wrong. A frozen place in time, for just the two of us.

"Good morning." I whispered, kissing the side of his neck like my lips had never belonged anywhere else. I loved Alan's neck especially, because it was so soft and perfect. Perfect for my lips, and just perfect in general. A lot of him seemed to be like that, anyways. Perfect.

"Good morning." He mumbled back, rolling his neck to the side for me. Instead, I turned him around and studied his features in the near dark. Cupping his chin, I allowed my own lips the indulgence of his, and molded our mouths together. He held the back of my neck, getting up on his tip toes and pulling me ever closer. Our lips would've never stopped, just lapping and moving with one another forever, but our damned human bodies grew tired. Slowing down to a cease, I pulled away from him, holding his chin delicately.

"You look beautiful today." I complimented, my hands freely gliding about the terrain of his hips, then settling in a firm, but gentle hold. He looked down in embarrassment, leaning his forehead to my chest. I imagined that he could hear how desperately my heart was beating below, how it begged to be free. It was a wonder how I hadn't gone into cardiac arrest yet.

"Thank you." He planted another sweet kiss on my lips, and I smiled into it.

"How're you feeling?" I asked, concerned. Yesterday was very...hectic. He sighed, looking away.

"Kinda... embarrassed, and like I don't deserve you." He admitted. I laughed out loud, earning myself one adorable glare.

"It's the other way around, sweetheart." I breathed, kissing his forehead. But he just shook his head 'no'.

"I really messed up, and of course you were there to help, even after we fought. I could never be that strong. I wouldn't want to take care of me." He said sadly.