Chapter 1 -Arrival-

***Kian POV***

"Kian honey, make sure you didn't forget anything," Mom said from the window of the car. I slung my messenger bag over my shoulder and readjusted my grip on my small suitcase. "And make sure to send me a text or a call at least once a week but everyday is preferred okay? And have fun!" I nodded and Mom waved me over. She kissed me on the cheek and then put on her seatbelt. I said goodbye and I walked up a part of the path towards the dorms before turning back and watching Mom's car disappear into the road that wound through the forest. I resumed trudging my way back up the path to the dorms. 

"Hey Kian!" I heard someone say and I saw Micheal running up the side of the hill to catch up. "What's up man? Your glasses are crooked," Michael said. I paused and straightened them out before walking up with Michael to the dorm building. 

"Which dorm are you in?" I asked. Maybe he would be my room mate by chance. Michael took a paper from his pocket and studied it for a few seconds. 

"In room 318. What about you?" I was staying in 513, which meant that I couldn't be rooming with Michael. We parted ways on the stairs and I looked tiredly up the next three flights of stairs I would have to take to get to the floor that my dorm room was on. I started lugging my suitcase up the stairs. 

After ten minutes of lugging my suitcases around the building I found room 513. I looked at the door, hoping my room mate wouldn't be there already. But my hope was shattered when I heard "Oh shi-take mushrooms there's a spider!" I opened the door.

Standing on one of the beds was a kid my age, wearing a cream colored sweater, black jeans, and a beanie. Toffee colored hair stuck out from under the beanie. In his hand he held a flip flop and he was pointing it at a spider that sat on one of the desks in the room. What I presumed to be the other flip flop was lying on the floor next to the mini fridge. 

(A/N: so this is what I thought the dorms to look like in this story but the measurements aren't 100 percent accurate)

"Hi," I said, not knowing how to react to seeing my room mate. "I'm Kian." The boy nodded, still staring intently on the spider. I sighed and put my bags down next to the bed on the left, which was the one he wasn't standing on. 

I then saw a few plastic cups sitting on one of the desks so I took my dorm sheet and a cup. 

"What are you doing?" He asked, slowly lowering the flip flop in his hand. I slipped the paper under the spider and trapped it under the cup before I carried it over to the window. I put the spider on the fridge while I opened the window and then put it on the wall outside. Then I closed the window, picked up the other flip flop and turned back. 

"Thanks," He said, turning a bit pink. "I don't like spiders." I nodded. "I'm Emris." 

"That was probably one of the weirdest circumstances I've ever introduced myself to someone after." I said after handing him back the flip flop. We both laughed. 

"Are you staying the whole summer?" Emris asked, sitting down on his bed. I nodded.

"Yeah, what about you?" I asked. Emris said he was staying the entire summer too, and we both had the same camp instructors so it was convenient. 

A/N 2: Hello there! I can't write a normal sounding conversation if my life depended on it right now tbh but I'm working on it! I hope over the course of this story I'll get better at this and I hope you enjoy the somewhat funny first encounter with Emris. ^^ That's actually how I once walked into one of my friends on a trip we took together and me also having arachnophobia like Emris I had freaked out with her and that spider still hadn't been found as far as we knew. Well see ya! 

-Miana