Chapter 9 -Orthostatic Hypotension-

***Emris POV***

"Wake up you goof." I heard someone say and then someone shoved me. I squeezed my eyes shut and hid under the blankets. "You've got to be kidding me Emris get up. You're acting like a five year old." 

"I don't wanna wake up." I complained. "I'm tired."

"Well maybe you shouldn't stay up so late watching your movies. You said that you would be able to wake up, but I'm kinda doubting that." Kian said. I sighed because I was tired and didn't want to get up. But watching a bunch of movies at was fun. Kian had clocked out around midnight while I fell alseep around 4. 

"What time is it?" I asked, slowly coming out of under my blanket. 

"Eight. Breakfast is at nine so we have some time to get ready. You move like a slug in the morning, super dup e r   s l o w l y..." Kian said, exaggerating the last few words. I was squinting against the bright morning sun, and then decided to sit up. 

"Why do you have the window open? It's so bright, how's it not blinding you?" I stretched my arms up over my head and yawned.

"Emris, it's cloudy. Just open your eyes and blink a few times, the light won't be too bad. It'll help your eyes adjust faster." I stood up but a few moments later a wave of dizziness hit me. I stumbled, losing my balance. I felt my knees buckle. I almost fell but then I felt someone pull me back up. I blinked, trying to make the dark go away. I could see normally after about a minute and then I realized that I was leaning against Kian on the bed. "Are you okay? You almost just fell like a sack of potatoes." Kian said, looking concerned. 

"It's fine," I said. "It happens every once in a while. You know when you stand up or something and then everything gets all fuzzy and dizzy and your vision goes weird? Then unless you manage to stay awake or sit down you'll fall?" Kian nodded. His hair was damp and his skin smelled like citrus. His glasses were slightly crooked but he didn't seem to notice.

"Yeah, that's actually something that my sister had when she was younger." Kian said. "It was called orthostatic hypotension and the only reason I remember is because it sounded like a super bad disease so I googled it at home. It's not too bad, but are you sure you're okay?" I nodded. His jacket smelled nice, like him. I then realized the thought and I tried not to turn pink. Why did smelling good just make people that more attractive? I breathed in the scent of citrus shampoo and strawberries. 

"I'm fine, thanks Kian." I said. "I'm tired." Kian laughed and then slowly got up. 

"Come on Emris you need to get up."I flopped onto the bed. 

"No, Kian come back." I whined and Kian sighed and sat back down next to me. "Thank you." I said as I leaned on his shoulder again. 

We stayed like that for a few minutes, and then suddenly Kian's phone started ringing. "Sorry, it's Mom, I've gotta take this." He got up after giving me my pillow and then went to the window. He looked so beautiful. I wished I had my camera so I could take a photo of him. Crap, nope. I did not have a crush on Kian. Not happening, not today. I was not going to let it happen again. 

A/N: I included the orthostatic hypotension in this because I actually had a few incidents lately, one of which was just fainting after I stood up and almost smushing one of my siblings in my fall by accident. Everyone's okay but it was kinda scary to black out standing and wake up on the floor a few seconds after. But yeah it's not fun but it's getting better so yaay! I'm probs going to take this story down at some point ofr editing and rewriting because I have a feeling it's kinda crappy. 

-Miana