Chapter six: Tension:

After hours of reading the book I was reading I fell asleep, I dreamt of Jake. It was a calm dream we were just hanging out in the forest and having fun. My dream was interrupted when someone opened my door, I turn to face my door. It was Jake. "Hey, I didn't realize you'd be here this late" I said tiredly. "I did say I was going come over, I just didn't know when. So when I could finally have some time to myself, I might as well spend it with you" I smiled softly, he walked over to the one side of my bed that had space. Pulled the covers over and hoped in. I scooched over to lay in his arm, after hours of talking we both eventually feel asleep. Sometime during the early hours of the morning I sneaked out and went into the kitchen, I couldn't sleep for some reason. I felt as though I was being, somewhat watched. I felt really uneasy but protected because Jakes here. Why am I feeling paranoid? I heard my bedroom door open and footsteps coming up the hallway and Jake entered the kitchen. "You sense it too?" He asked. "Yeah" I replied, "It's a vampire" he said seriously. "How can you be certain?" I asked. "I can smell it" I forgot that he can smell vampires. "Well mom and dad are vampires, you're probably just smelling them" "I recognise the smell of your mom and dad, I've picked up a scent I don't recognise" he stated. "What do we do?" I asked nervously, anxiety filling me up, "Stand our ground, I'm pretty sure they know that a wolf is around. That's why they haven't tried the door yet, they could just be passing by" he concluded. I heard my mom and dad coming up the hallway, "Mom, dad who's here?" I asked. "We're not certain" dad said. "Can you read their mind?" I asked, my dad didn't reply but walked to the front door. Opened it, walked outside and closed the door. About a few seconds later my dad speeded inside, quickly as a blink of any eye. All I heard was the door slamming shut. My dad's face was crossed with anger and anxiety. "It's Anne" those words came out slow and direct. "She's here now?" My mom said. Mom and dad know this vampire? "I don't mean to be intrusive but, who is Anne?" I asked. Earlier I heard my dad mention the name 'Anne' and said she was after me. "Anne is Victoria's sister, she wants revenge for what your father did a while ago" "What happened a while ago?" I asked. "Before me and your farther married, Victoria was after me because she wanted revenge on Edward killing her mate James. James bit me when I was human, your father had so suck the venom out so I'd stay human. Then Edward killed Victoria for trying to kill me, now her sister is back for revenge" my mom explained. Well that says a lot, it's only natural she wants revenge. But why would she show up now? "We're going to keep you safe, no matter what" My dad said my mom nodded in agreement. Jacob gave me this uneasy look but also nodded his head. For the rest of the day I couldn't leave the house, so Carlisle had to come to our house to help me study because he thought it was too risky for me to walk in the woods alone. Jacob had offered to walk me there in his wolf form, but according to Alice, she said that Anne wasn't alone. That there had been a bunch of vampires spotted in her vision. So we decided to avoid them. As the weeks went by they still continued to be in the area. Me and Jacobs relationship is still in secret, Jacob had been living at our house for over two months now. Making sure I was protected.