Chapter Nine: Vulnerable:

Me and Jake stood paralysed wishing we could both run away right here and now, but we did kinda expect this to happen. Just not tonight "So...who told you?" Jake asked with a chuckle nervously scratching the back of his neck. "A little birdy told me that you're dating my daughter" mom said "So who was the little birdy?" Jake asked. "Seth's thoughts were pretty loud when I asked him about how you felt about our daughter" my attention snapped toward Jake. "You told Seth!" I asked shocked, "In case you forgot Ness, Seth can kinda read my mind...I was off guard last time I was there and...he happened to be around..." Jake said looking down embarrassed. "He swore he'd never tell anyone but..." "Technically he didn't" I said turning my head toward dad in a 'for real?' look, dad just simply shrugged. "Renesmee, I want you to be happy and if that's with Jake then I'm ok with it" Mom said giving me a small smile, she walked over to me and hugged me. Dad smiled at me then gave Jake a straight face, I knew right away that he wasn't ok with this. Ugh! If only me or Jake told him first and maybe if  Seth was better at suppressing his thoughts! Well, I guess I feel a bit relieved that they know and approve. Or at least one of them does. We all go back into then house, mom sighed "You could've been a bit more careful with Anne Edward" mom said looking at the wall that had a huge dent in it. "I'll get one of my brothers to fix it" dad said walking down the hall, mom followed soon after. Me and Jake sat on the couch. An awkward silence came over us in waves, "Well, at least Anne's gone...for now" "I guess, but you know she'll be back right?" Jake said looking at me, I just sighed "I know" "And if she comes anywhere near you, the only thing that's gonna come of it is my teeth around her neck" I just snickered at that, yeah Jake's protective but sometimes it was mildly amusing then sometimes it was plain annoying. After hours of talking we both fell asleep on the couch in a nice embrace and a deep slumber.