Chapter Seven: Strike:

Jacob wouldn't even leave to go to Sam's pack, he was admit that he wasn't leaving until Anne gets bored and eventually leaves. Although it was very adorable for him to be protective of me, it still annoyed me. Mom and dad always had the perimeter checked for any suspicious people or other vampires that crossed our territory. Alice said that she hadn't seen Anne in her vision two days ago but suggests that we still be careful, it was two months and I wasn't allowed to go out and have fun in the woods. This made me even more annoyed because I was continuously on house arrest. I felt like I was never going to be able to leave the house again. The days got more boring every second of every day. I made an annoyed sigh, "I know Ness, I'm bored too" Jacob says in agreement. "Do you smell any vampires in the area?" I asked, "Not right now, why?" Jacob says curiously. "I just really wanna go out and just hang in the woods like we normally did two moths ago" "That is a tempting idea, but we never know if Anne is still in the area. I may not be able to detect her scent but she could come out and strike" Jacob says looking out of my bedroom window. "I'm surprised mom and dad haven't found out about our ' secret relationship' " I added. "They'll find out eventually, you know?" Jacob stated. "I know it's just, I don't know how to tell them" I said looking at the floor uneasily. "How about tonight?" Jacob said, I immediately looked at him in shock. Mom and dad had a really bad morning because they were arguing about my safety and everyone else's like my grandfathers. "Tonight?! What about tomorrow?!" I said with a little unease in my voice. "Why tomorrow? What difference is it gonna make?" Jacob said asking unsurely. "Well, they had a very difficult morning today and well, haven't been on good terms. The last thing they want to hear is that their seventeen year old daughter saying that I'm dating your werewolf best friend" I exclaimed. "Ok but it has to be tomorrow, no more hiding" he said. I took a deep breath. "Ok" I agreed. He took my hand in his and gave me a reassuring smile. The rest of the day consisted of reading books and talking about random subjects. After hours of talking we feel asleep on each other on the living room couch. Jacob quickly sat up, I sat up in shock too. There were multiple vampires surrounding the house, though we couldn't see anything there were definitely people there. We could smell them. "What do we do?" I whispered. "I don't know just, we'll stand our ground" Jacob said alertly. We both jumped as we heard knocking at the front door. We both turned around to face the door. After a few minutes of silence, nothing else happened. I stood up from the couch "Don't answer it!" Jacob hissed whispering and grabbing my right arm. "It could be someone in trouble" I replied back with a whisper. "If they were in trouble they would call for help" Jacob said hissing and whispering. He had a point. We stayed in our positions, not moving a muscle. We were out numbered by the scents of unknown probably nomad vampires. I couldn't smell mom and dad. I looked at the clock it was one in the morning, usually they'd be back by twelve. I started getting worried. What if something happened to them?, Jacob looked at me knowing exactly what I was thinking because I put the thought into his head. He wrapped is hand around my waist and sat me down on his lap I put my head under his neck for comfort, tears began to well up in my eyes. Mom, dad. Please show up.