Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

After breaking up with Patrick, the next five days were very hard and felt very long, she cried every day for three days before mentally deciding to get over it. She got a call from an unknown number, five days after the breakup and thought it was Patrick's wife or Patrick himself, she answered politely because she wasn't sure who it was, it turned out to be Fred and he apologized again, and the call ended. After the call she thought "Fred is actually nicer than I thought, and I might actually want to be friends with him". After that she decided that she couldn't do this anymore and missed Butch, as soon as she called, Butch picked up immediately like he was expecting her to call, before she could let out a word, he began talking saying "Daya I am incredibly sorry and I was stupid for reacting that way and I wanted to call you months ago but it kept getting later", she laughed then responded "ha-ha I wanted to call you since but I had the same exact reason, I am very sorry too"

"how is Patrick?" he asked

"we broke up, how is Ariana?"

"we broke up the day me and you had an argument"

"why?"

"because I couldn't take her shit no more, why did you and Patrick break up?"

"because he is a cheating bastard"

"I want to say I told you so, but I won't"

She laughed then said "you just did but it is alright, I totally deserve it"

"can I come over?"

"please do"

In about thirty minutes he was at her place, as soon as he got in, they shared a hug for about five minutes then watched some television and talked all night. Daya didn't get any sleep that night but still managed to complete her shift that Saturday. She got a text from Fred that night asking her to come for something important, she agreed because she had nothing to do, she wanted to help him with what was important, and she didn't mind a new friend.

On Sunday at five p.m. Daya woke up and started getting ready to meet Fred, she made a Daya brunchfast then took a quick shower and decided to do her makeup. She wore a white crop top with high waisted black ripped jeans and black Vans then packed her hair into a messy bun leaving two thick strands falling across her face. By the time she was done getting dressed, Fred was at her door. She told him hello with a very bright smile, she woke up in an amazing mood and he told her she looked nice. He drove her to a beautiful expensive Italian restaurant.

When she got in she said, "when you said Italian, I imagined way smaller", they laughed then went to their sits. For the first ten minutes, no one was talking, and the environment felt very awkward. Daya decided to break the silence by saying "this is one of the best spaghettis I have ever tasted and what was so important?". Fred panicked for a second because he forgot he had told her that, he then said "if I am being honest with you, nothing. I just wanted to see you again, I hope you are not upset"

"I would have been upset but this spaghetti isn't letting me" she said while smirking,

He laughed then was quiet again, he seemed nervous. Daya then asked, "do you do anything apart from computers?",

he laughed then responded, "I do a lot actually, I sing in the shower and sometimes in public, I draw and paint, I can play basketball but haven't played in at least five years and I do plenty women",

Daya liked his response and was intrigued then said "I am not shocked women are in that list because you are very wealthy, it is almost expected but I am indeed shocked you sing and draw or even move to play sports. I like people that can sing and draw, I also draw, I am not that good, but I try, and I love to act, I actually want to be an actress by the time I am thirty".