1)Long Distance Will be Hard

*Cheryl*

"Ok mom I'll be fine I promise. You can come see me whenever you want to. Ok-love you too" I said to my mother hanging up the phone.

It's my very first day at NYU and I guess you could say that I'm more than excited. This is my dream school and I've worked so hard to get here. Many wouldn't expect all of the challenges I had to face to make it here because of.....well my rich mother , but I definitely had major obstacles.

I was sweating because I was nervous and because it was hot as hell out here , but I calmed when two staff members helped me with my things and handed me a key.

Everything still felt so surreal. Me in this city called Manhattan living alone. I didn't believe it was real until the staff members were leaving my room.

"Go to the main office or send us an email if you have any problems. Remember to have fun" one of the staff members said.

But before I had a chance to thank you they both left me....alone. That's when reality hit. I found myself smiling to myself . Wow college.

I began to get more organized. I needed to put away my clothes and makeup. Also considering I have to share this apartment with one other person. At least I was lucky enough to find an apartment in the Greenwich building with only one roomy.

This'll be great. Check in ends in a couple hours so she should be here anytime soon. I don't bother to email her and get to know her. I wanted to be surprised. Hopefully we'll be life long friends.I put my long red hair in a ponytail and began to get organized.

*ding* I got a message from my boyfriend Reggie and I answered it.

Reggie- Hey how are you? I already miss you so much.

Cheryl- oh I'm fine just a bit busy. I miss u too

He sent me a pic of him making a kissing face and I smiled. Reggie has been my boyfriend throughout high school. He's always so helpful and has great advice.

I knew this long distance relationship thing would be hard but he really wants to try so I agreed and we are going to make it work. Originally our plan was to go to NYU together and move in together after we graduate,but the whole moving in together is going to have to wait because Reggie was recruited by Ohio State for football. That is what ruined everything for us.

I told him to go because they are one of the best football colleges in the state. But I'm not sure of the effects it will have on our relationship. Sometimes I worry that he'll meet someone else. That I should've went to Ohio with him. It that I should've convinced him to haul his ass up to NYU with me. Then I couldn't be worried and everything would go according to the plan.My thinking was stopped as I heard the door open.

It's her

I decided to stay in my bed and wait till she was settled to introduce myself. But I fell asleep for an hour. Which made sense because I was having a long day.

I walked out of the room after stretching so hard I almost died. I looked in the living space and she wasn't there. But I heard some shuffling in her room.

"Hello?" I said as I knocked on her door.I heard some shuffling and then the door was opened.

"Hi I'm Toni" she said . It looked like she was almost done setting up her room. Much different from mine. It looks like it came straight out of tumblr. Band posters on the wall, grey blanket, and fairy lights. Oh and a black furry rug.

We definitely have different styles.

"Hi I'm Cheryl" I told her back.

It would be an understatement to call her pretty. She was beautiful. Long pink curly hair, a punk aesthetic, warm skin, long eyelashes and it smelled really good in here despite her just getting here.

She gestured for me to sit on the bed . So I sat on top. Her bed was raised a bit. Toni was putting bins under it currently.

It was awkwardly silent now so I decided to fill space.

"I like your room. Really cool and punk" I said and immediately regretted it.

Toni looked cool and I'm probably going to be with her my whole student life . So let's try not to sound lame.

Toni giggled a bit too which made me feel worse about myself.

"I like yours too ." Toni said.

I have to admit I was a bit confused because I haven't showed her my room yet.

"How- "I started

"I'm just guessing it's grey pink and white....you look like that type of girl"Toni explained.

Type of girl

"Thanks..."

*DING*

Toni looked up at me. I looked down at my phone and answered it.

It was Reggie.

" hi babe are you settled?"

"Yeah I'm all unpacked..."

"Is your roommate there?"

"Yeah she's here next to us. I'm on speaker...her names Toni"

"OH HI TONI HOW ARE YOU!!" Reggie screamed even though we were on FaceTime and Toni could hear him and his screaming was unnecessary.

"She's good Reggie..look I'm going to orientation in a bit see you later ...love you"

Reggie hundred up the phone and I huffed. He didn't say I love you too.

"Hey why'd you lie ? Orientation isn't for another hour"Toni asked as she began sweeping her floor.

"I don't know. Sometimes he will talk to me for hours. It's boring sometimes. Im going to have to shut down the convo" I said honestly.

"He's your boyfriend though"

"I don't know things have been different since we graduated. He's been clingy"I explained

"Do you have a boyfriend?" I said trying to change the subject.

"No"

"Oh well you wouldn't know"