Chapter 7: Road Trip

Lapis POV; First Person

I checked my suitcase before we went. Amethyst had told me to pack for 5 nights and days, and I was NOT planning on cramming everything in my small ass backpack. One-piece? Check. Two-piece? Check. Sunscreen? Check. A random amount of shirts and shorts that I threw in last minute? Double check.

I zipped up my suitcase and threw it on my bed. I got my headphones and placed them around my neck. I slipped on a hoodie so that I could hold my phone and wallet in the pocket.

I was actually surprised when Amethyst asked me to go. It was an awkward conversation on my part, at least.

Time traveling back to 9 days ago:

I was sitting in my room scrolling on my phone when Amethyst's face popped up on my screen. It had startled me, and I almost dropped my phone on my face. After struggling to grab proper hold of my phone, I finally answered the call.

"Amethyst?"

"Lapis! Hey, what's going on?"

"Uh, not much. What's up?"

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the lake for my birthday for a week."

"Hold up, hold up. How long?" I asked, shaking my head.

"Only 5 days."

Only? "Oh, okay."

A beat passed. "So, you coming?"

"Well I've gotta ask my parents first. Hold up."

I covered the speaker on my phone and then loudly yelled. "HEY MOM, DAD, CAN I GO TO THE LAKE WITH AMETHYST?"

Amethyst laughed through the phone. Nobody answered me, but I could hear footsteps nearing my room.

My father came through the door. "What? Why did you have to shout?"

I smiled. "Amethyst wanted to know if I wanted to go to the lake with her for 5 days."

My dad scratched the back of his head. After a few seconds of what I thought to be deep contemplation, he turned his head away from my door and yelled, "SHEENA!"

A few seconds later my mom emerged, panting slightly. "Wha-What is it?"

I chuckled. "I want to know if I can go to the lake with Amethyst."

My mother looked at me weirdly. "How long?"

"Five days."

My mom scratched her neck. "When?"

I froze. I lifted the phone back up to my mouth. "Hey Am, when is this anyways?"

Amethyst took a few seconds to answer. "We leave a day before my actual birthday. The 29th."

I looked up at my parents. "We leave the 29th."

My mom and dad looked at each other. My father shrugged. "I didn't even know Amethyst had a lake house."

I scrunched my eyebrows together. "I didn't either."

I put the phone back up to my mouth. "Hey, since when do you have a lakehouse Amy?"

Amethyst laughed. "Its a friend's."

"Hm." I looked back up at my parents. "Its not her's, its a friend's."

My mom looked worried. "Wait, so are there going to be other girls there too?"

Whoa, I hadn't thought of that. I put the phone back up to my ear.