Chapter one: to be or not to be

Sometimes I ponder if anyone would miss me if I just ended it all.

Would anyone care?

Would my parents care?

Would Ariana care?

Nah, probably not.
My parents think I'm some sort of mistake, while Ariana hasn't talked to me since I was 8.

Is it her fault? Yes, yes it is. Just because she has a career doesn't mean she can treat me like I'm some grade A shit. The least she could have done was FaceTime. But I guess that's too much even for a celebrity.

Popping open the pill bottle, I down it all at once.

Overdose isn't my purest way of death, but it's better then cutting my fucking wrists.

I swallow the pills, choking back a gag. I quickly grab the near by cup, filling it with water.

I quickly chug the water, throwing the cup aside, and open the wooden door from my bathroom. Walking out into my room, the cold air breezes against my neck, making me shiver.

'Well it doesn't matter, you'll be dead soon'

I sighed, grabbing my black sweater and going downstairs, to where my parents where sitting and talking, unaware that I was dying.

"Hey sweetheart." My dad greats.

"Hey baby." My mom says, getting up to get me a plate of pancakes.

Placing the plate in front of me, my mom walks away sitting next to my dad on the couch, continuing their conversation.

Sniffing the pancakes, I shoved the plate aside.

My mother glanced a worried look over at me, I already could smell the lecture.

"Sweetheart, please eat."

I internally laughed, my mom shouldn't care of if I eat or how I am, considering she hasn't for 16 years.

"Well, I'm not that hungry."
I say a bit rudely, but hey, it's my last day of life.

"Listen to your mother, Miles."
I internally cringed at my name.

Why Miles? I'm not hatin', I actually like my name. It's actually one of the only things I like about myself.

I glanced over to my parents to see them looking at me with worry.

Ugh, worry. Cause' on my last day that's what I want to see.

My mother and father exchange glances, while I took a sip of my water.

"Soo!" My mom started, trying to steer the conversation and a little too high pitched for my taste.

My mom had a smug smile, before continuing.
"Guess what?" She asked.

"What?" I said, placing my cup in the sink.

"Ariana is visiting today."

Time froze.

'Shit'

She can't visit! Not today!

I looked at my mom with wide eyes.

She smiled, "I know right! It's so exciting!"

She clearly got the wrong idea.
"No, not exciting. What makes you think I wanna see her?"

My mom frowned.
"Why wouldn't you want to see her?!"

I flinched back at sudden outburst.

"Don't you want her in your life?"

Jeez, mom gets hyped for anything I say that's wrong.

I looked up at my mom, baffled and hurt.

"She has never been in my life! Why should she start now?!"

"Watch how you speak to your mother!" My father pips in, veins visible.

I gritted my teeth, fist clenched.
I needed to calm down.

Before I could say anything nothing but pure pain subdued in my stomach.

Grabbing my stomach, i clenched my teeth trying to keep myself from whimpering.

'Fuck! Maybe cutting would have been less painful.'

"Sweetheart are you ok?" My mom asked her voice changing mad from concerned. I swear she's bipolar.
My mom took steps forward, while I took steps back.

Grabbing my stomach, gripping it as hard as I could, I waved my mom off.

Before anyone could say anything, a knock erupted at the door.

My moms face quickly changed as she completely forgot about my pain, and went to answer the door.

I clenched my stomach harder as I felt another shot of pain. I heard my mom open the door, greeting whoever it was. I would have look up, if not for another shot of pain.

I quickly got up, walking to the stairs, I want to die in peace.

Clenching the rail for support, I heard my mom  call my name.

"Miles?"

"Miles?"

"Miles!"

I jumped at my name, looking over to my mom.

Right there, standing directly next to her, was her.

"Ariana is here!"  My mom spoke.

A/N: Hey guys, this is my attempt at another book. I'm sorry if you hate depression or suicide, or anything like that. But I thought it would make a great story. Also I know Miles is a bit of a boys name, but I like it. Plus there will be a explanation later on in the book about it. Also also, I know I started off with a bang, but I thought the story would have worked better like that. Anyway if you guys enjoyed, give this book a vote or comment. See y'all!