Chapter three: please, help me understand

"Stop it!"

"Or what?"

"...."

"That's what I thought, Miles"

*SMACK*

"You can't defend yourself!"

*SMACK*

"You don't even deserve to live!"

*SMACK*

"How about you kill yourself?!"

*SMACK*

I jolted outta of bed, grabbing the sheets. I quickly whipped the sweat that had accumulated on my forehead.

"Miles! Are you ok?!"

My head quickly snapped to the concerned voice, Ariana.

"I'm fine." I said, trying to convince myself more then her.

Ariana clearly didn't believe me.

"Then why are you crying?" She asked, brushing her upcoming tears out of her eyes.

I quickly brought my hand up to my eyes and noticed that I was crying.

Viciously whipping the tears out with my hand, I looked at Ariana.

She was sad, genuinely sad.

I quickly looked at my lap, playing with my fingers.

"Ariana I-" I started.

"Why?" She asked interrupting me.

I don't know what I thought she was gonna ask. I should have seen this coming but, I just didn't.

It's still surprises me she's even here, I thought she wouldn't have cared.

It doesn't matter, nothing can stop the emotional pain. Not even Ariana.

"I..I...I can't really understand it myself." It wasn't a total lie but it wasn't the whole truth.

I understand my point of suicide, but I never planned on following through with them.

Suicide passed my mind all the time, but I never thought I was brave enough to go ahead and overdose.

"Please," she paused, taking a deep breath, trying her hardest not to sob.

"Help me understand." She said grabbing my hand, running her thumb over my palm trying to soothe me.

"I-"

"Please, Miles. Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell mom or dad?  God, why? We could have helped you."

The thought of her knowing about my issues, god what am I gonna do?
My family doesn't need more problems, they already deal with enough.
I'm just becoming more of a burden.

God, they hate me.

Fuck!

What am I gonna do?

Should I try to? No, I can't. I'm making people sad. I can't do it again.

"Miles?! Are you ok?" Ariana asked.

"You were hyperventilating. Please tell me what's wrong." She asked, pain and worry in her voice.

I looked at her,

'You can't  trust her, she'll only leave you.'

"I'm fine." I said looking her in the eyes.

"I'll be fine."

A/N: hoped y'all enjoyed this chapter if you did give it a vote and comment. Till the next chapter.🤟🏼