Chapter five: Ariana cares

"Guys! Look what we have here."

"It's the freak."

"I heard she likes girls."

"I heard she had sex in the sixth grade."

stop....

"I heard she can't stand up for herself."

Stop....

"No wonder why she's such a freak."

STOP!

Miles quickly jolted awake, sweat trickling down her forhead.

"Miles are you ok?" Ariana asked, siting across from Miles in the jet, phone in hand.

"Yeah, yeah." Miles said, wiping the sweat off with her sleeve and making herself comfortable in her seat.

"Are you sure? Do you need water?" Ariana asked, discarding her phone, giving Miles her full attention.

Miles sighed, leaving her home was probably the most toughest things she had to do. She didn't even know if her new school with Ariana would go great or be bully free. Of course, she doubted that but a girl could hope.

"I'm fine, Ariana." Miles said, making eye contact.

"Miles," Ariana paused as if she was thinking of a way to sentence her words.

"Please, just help me understand a little more. Help me understand why you did what you did." Ariana said, basically begging.

First POV
Miles blinked, this is different. No one actually cared before. But the look in Ariana's eyes told a different story.

"Ariana I- I'm..."
Fuck, I don't know, she really seems to care. She wants to help me....maybe I should let her in. No I can't.

"I'm sorry." I quickly mumbled before abruptly getting up and heading towards the bathroom.

Locking the door behind me I took a deep breath, I closed my eyes trying to fight the tears.

I'm putting her through so much pain. But...what's the point of opening up to her? Would there be a difference?

Looking into the bathroom mirror I finally saw how much of a mess I really was.
My usual brown eyes were bloodshot.

So much crying.

I washed my face with a bit of water before leaving the bathroom, closing the door with a click and walking back to my seat next to Ariana.

"Miles, I'm sorry, I-"

"No, Ariana, it's fine ok? I understand your truly trying to help, I do. It's just,"

I bit my lip, looking down at my hands in my lap.

"It's just I don't know how to," I paused once more, not daring to look in Ariana's eyes for the the fear of disgust.

"Miles, look at me." Ariana asked with a firm tone.

I shakily lifted my head towards my sister, surprised to find love and devotion in her eyes.

"I know mom and dad haven't been the best, I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you; god I'm so sorry." Ariana wiped her unshed tears before continuing.

"I love you, you need to know that. You need to know I'm always gonna be there for you, you need to know that I'm not disappointed in you, you need to know these things Miles. I love you so much, I will be here to always remind you."

I stared at Ariana.

She cares.

Before I knew it, Ariana engulfed me into a hug. Before I knew it, years worth of tears, years worth of building walls, years worth of pain; came crashing down.

Someone cares.

Ariana cares.

A/N
OK OK OK, DONT KILL ME PLEASE? Lmaoo. No but seriously guys, don't rip me apart for not updating sooner. I have an explanation! (Lmao or excuse; that's up for you to decide) I've been dealing with a lot, but while I was gone I was improving my writing. I began half of this chapter a while ago and just finished writing the rest. It's been a while since I started this story and must I say; I was a shitty writer lmao. (I still am btw but I think I've gotten better) anyway look out for updates in past chapters. Also one IMPORTANT detail that I took out of this story is the fact that Miles cuts. I didn't think it would fit in so I took that out. Anyway I PROMISE i will update this story more often and you guys will get longer chapters. Anyway till next time✌🏼