Chapter 9: Don't Leave Me Alone

Layla Pov

The day went by as I spent the night at Goku's place with his son Goten.

"Goku, aren't you married? I hope you don't mind me asking you that question." I asked him as he sighed before crossing his arms and looking down.

"Yes. I was married until...My wife Chi Chi passed away due to a very sickness. Their was nothing to help her get better until she passed. I've regret most of the things that I did that was mostly dying, training, no family time, and I guess that's all." He explained sadly as I pat him on shoulder.

"I'll support you if you want." I said.

"What? Layla you don't-"

"I will. I deserve to treat someone with the same care they did for me. I'll prepare dinner." I said as he left to go take a seat and I began cooking a full course meal.

20 minutes and I have completed a full family dinner for the two and I hope they like it. I place them on the table as Goku and Goten enter to see all the delicious food prepared for them.

"Woah! You really did outdid yourself, Layla." Goku complimented.

"Thanks." 

"Why don't you sit with us and eat." He insisted.

"Oh no, I can't eat that. Sorry." I replied as I continued, " You see...i'm not capable of eating a bit course and...it will sometimes affect my body making it painful for me." 

"I understand. What do you eat?" He asked.

"Uh....Fish, sushi, and bread." 

"What?! That's it?" Goten exclaimed.

"That's not a good protein and I know you know it too." Goku said as I huffed.

"Just eat up you two!" I yelled as they gulp and ate their dinner.

After that was over I went to go take a shower and head to bed. Goku spared me the bed, Goten went to sleep in his room, and Goku slept on the couch. Night time was too dark and quiet when I began to whimper in a dream stage I was in. 

<<Dream>>

Layla was floating in the air that the darkness surrounded her only leaving her in red aura. She gasped to find the woman hung up only swinging in the coldness that filled around her, Layla shivered to hold herself from being brought into the freezing stage. The cold breeze stopped as she heard the tree branches began to move and she decided to run away in quick speed, but they were on her heels. One tree branch grabbed her right arm, the other grabbed her left ankle causing her to get wrapped by the trees grip making her unable to break free from the thorns that stung her deeply in her skin. She looked up to see a moon that shined as it change to the color or pure bloody red in the night sky causing her eyes to grow wide.

 She looked up to see a moon that shined as it change to the color or pure bloody red in the night sky causing her eyes to grow wide

"Layla...wake...up. Wake UP!" The husky voice yelled out to her as it appear to be a strange and odd looking type of creature arising from the ground. He stared at her deeply with devious eyes as he reach his out to grab her and....

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" Layla screamed.

Goku burst into the room hearing Layla screaming in fear as he rush to her side in comfort.

"Layla, are you okay?" He asked in a worried tone.

She panted looking at Goku before pulling him in a tight embrace whispering, "Please don't leave me alone." Repeating it in his ear as he return the hug.

"I won't Layla. Never." He promised.