Chapter 13: Divine

In time, Layla made her mind to try and let Goku know about what she kept inside her that wasn't going to help her with the situation she's dealing with. That's when she saw Goku running happily as he spotted her and wave his arms out like lunatic.

"Layla! Guess what?" He asked.

"What?" She asked.

"We're going to be having a tournament set up by the two king brothers." Goku exclaimed in a cheerful tone.

"So? Isn't that dangerous for which universe they will wipe out?" She asked.

"Y-Yeah...about that its either the other universe or ours get erased." Goku was now smack in the head by Layla as he grunted.

"You're an idiot." She said shaking her head at the Saiyan.

"Hey, were you looking for me? I sense your KI heading at my direction and I thought it would be you for sure." He asked as Layla nodded.

"I just wanted to talk, and it is something to get this off my chest." She gulped as Goku stared at her in a curious facial.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked.

"Uh...after I was passed out it wasn't the flower that caused me. It was a memory of how I was processed to earn my power." She explained.

"Really? Can you tell me more?" Goku asked. Layla nodded as she began to tell her story as a child.

Flashback

*Background song: Murder*

At a young age Layla could remember herself being adopted and end up abandon 2-3 years old. Years went by as Layla was now 12 years old, not getting adopted was mostly something she wasn't quite fond of. No adult pays any attention to her and as she turned 18 years old the owner let her go on her own. She was alone, cold, hungry and couldn't have the slightest support of anyone and instead being left on the street. One night, Layla was rolling around having no survival left in her as she spotted a woman in need of help from a bunch of gangs. She went over to the scene trying to end it and only getting stabbed in the shoulder and it occasionally didn't hurt her. She gave a cold glare at them as they were about to drag the girl with them until Layla was smart to snatch the knife out of one gang member and instantly killed him. By saving the woman's life on the line, she even felt her inner self grow stronger everyday until she got older now.