*Bonus Chapter* Layla's Birthday

Hello guys! It's been 2 years since I wrote this book so why not give it a bonus chapter?

It's been a month after the tournament of power as things went back to normal for everyone. Goku and Layla have been dating for quite some time not to mention that Layla's hair was growing back to her natural stage. On this wonderful day, Goku wanted Bulma's help to throw his girlfriend a birthday party. A party for Layla does sound great but not to her. A sad story behind her childhood that upsets her that she even told her boyfriend about it which made him feel bad for her. So today was a special day for Layla to celebrate and even spend time with Goku without knowing that there was a surprise party for her.

The sun was shining through the curtains as Layla slept warmly underneath the covers when Goku tiptoed into the room holding a gift behind his back as he had a wide grin on his face.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAYLA!" Goku shouted.

His loud shouting made Layla sit up straight and fall off the bed as she growled at her boyfriend and then her face softens to see his worried expression.

"Oh, uh, thank you Goku." Layla yawned.

She sat up to sit on her side of the bed as Goku smiled apologetically and sat beside her holding her gift out.

"Here I got you a present." He smiled.

Layla took the gift from Goku to unwrap it and was revealed to be a photo of them after the tournament of power which she wanted to forget after Caulifia had kissed him. She pushed away that feeling and smiled up at Goku.

"It's beautiful." She said.

"I still can't believe you've changed a little after the tournament of power but you're still the same Layla I felled in love with." Goku leaned forward placing his forehead on top of Layla's staring deeply into her red eyes. "Come on, we have a big day ahead of us."

"Really? Where are we going?" Layla asked.

"We're just going out for a daily walk or perhaps training after breakfast." He said walking out of the room as Layla followed suit to prepare breakfast.

When she and Goku ate their meal Goten had to go with Trunks to the store while leaving the two alone for each other. 

Layla P.O.V.

I wasn't fond of parties especially if anyone gives me a present to cheer me up. It's already bad enough that my parents were so cruel to get rid of me like I was nothing to them but a mistake. I went upstairs to change into more outgoing and Goku said not to wear to much black because he thinks it makes me feel sad even more than I ever was when we first met. 

We headed straight to West City to see if we can do anything or if I find something interesting

We headed straight to West City to see if we can do anything or if I find something interesting. I did find an interesting tea shop that sells artifacts of hand made tea cups and pots for centuries. Later, Goku and I were at the park watching people walk by and kids playing around.

"Layla, I meant to ask you about something," Goku asked.

"Sure, what is it?" 

"Do ever wanted someone to help you through things that you want to forget? I'm just asking that's all." Goku asked.

I sighed and stared at my feet replying," I do sometimes. But...I couldn't find the right person to talk to and share my feelings. I may be a demon but deep down I'm still a good person, unlike my parents who raised me. Sometimes I wonder if my parents were a mistake or resulted to be a bad memory about them." 

"So you're still haunted by them behind your back?" 

"No. I'm just afraid to go through loneliness again. You made me feel happy when I first came here and now look at me. I changed a lot since we fought in that tournament and now I'm dating you." I explained with a soft smile as Goku pecks my cheek.

"I'm glad you feel that way. " 

"Me too." 

I then saw Goku stopped when he said, "Whoops! Look at the time we better head off."

"Your right. We should probably head home and..."

"Not home to Bulma's place of course. There is a big surprise waiting for you." He said as I raised an eyebrow as he held my hand and place two fingertips on his head to instant transmission us to Capsule Corp. 

"What big surprise is here?" I asked.

"You'll see." 

We entered inside of Capsule Corp as I looked around and saw no one until I heard everyone come out yelling 'SURPRISE!' all except Piccolo and Vegeta.

"Happy birthday Layla," Bulma said.

"Oh, uh, thanks," I said.

"I asked Bulma to make you a surprise party for you because I knew that you never celebrate it in so long. I hope it's not much." Goku said sheepishly as I smiled at him softly.

"Not at all. I love it and thank you." 

"Let's get the party started," Yamcha said.

"Happy birthday Layla," Goku said as I smiled at him and we tagged along to enjoy my party.