19

Mackenzie was a wreck. Johnny had left, there was no way he was coming back. She didn't want to hang out with any of her friends. Her mom tried to take her out, but Mackenzie stared blankly the entire time, only saying a few words every 20 minutes or so.

Mackenzie assumed she was better off without Johnny, even if it took her a lifetime to get over him. Mackenzie thought about going over to UCLA and looking for him a few times, but she decided against. Mackenzie didn't want to push her luck, hopefully Johnny would want to hear her out. Mackenzie didn't want for Johnny to think a certain way of her, as a cheater. Mackenzie could only blame herself, the way she revealed it to him wasn't the way she intended to. But she was hurt at the time, with the pressure of Johnny's uncertainty and him acting weird had already threw her over the edge and she just blurted it... over text.

Hayden hadn't texted to her either, even though he vaguely knew about the situation, the way she told Johnny is what made him upset.

Mackenzie hated herself at this point. The one single boy that made her feel seen, happy, and normal thought she was a terrible human being.

Thankfully, Mackenzie wasn't pregnant after secretly going to the clinic to get tested. She wouldn't know what to do if she were. Her life would be over. But she had a feeling Johnny would pull through if he had to. She knew Johnny.

highkey hate posting short chapters
*is highkey busy*