29

"Johnny... it's time." Mackenzie muttered under her breath as he held onto her hand, tight.

"I know, I just-"

"I know." Mackenzie nodded, sniffling as she stood up from her bed, grasping her luggage. She smiled sadly, "So, you coming with me to the airport?"

Mackenzie was moving to Oxford with her sister and doing her last year of school there in preparation for life in England. It was bittersweet, she didn't like leaving her friends, her mom, Johnny. But her and Maddie had reached a level of understanding, Mackenzie was still a teenager and she wanted to have fun while she was still one. Not one that focuses on school majority of her time.

"Yeah, but c-can I kiss you? One more time in this room; your room?"

Mackenzie smiled, letting go of her suitcase and turning to face him, pulling him into a deep kiss. Their lips parted against each other's, Mackenzie falling into his lap and entangling and curling her fingers in his hair. He groaned, his hands placing themselves right below her waist. Mackenzie was breathing through her nose from the lack of oxygen, wanting this to last as long as possible while they still could.

It wasn't until she felt a tear drop on her face that she pulled away, and it wasn't her own.

She wiped her lone tear from Johnny's face, "Don't cry, baby. I'll be back in a year!" She joked, standing from his lap and pulling him into a hug.

Her arms wrapped around his neck, his around her lower back. They don't know how long they stood there for, only being pulled away from the sound of Melissa yelling for them to come downstairs so they could be on their way to the airport.

"Okay, John, let's go." She nodded, grabbing his hand.

"BOARDING ALL PASSENGERS TO LONDON, ENGLAND! ALL PASSENGERS TO LONDON, ENGLAND!"

Mackenzie, Melissa, and Johnny all got out of their seats, Melissa whispering in her daughter's ear, something Johnny couldn't hear, and pulling Mackenzie into a tight hug. She pulled away, a smile on her face as she squeezed Mackenzie's cheeks, "I'm so proud of you, Kenzie. You'll do great things, I know you will."

Mackenzie smiled sadly, her eyes becoming glossy as she swiftly swept them away, "I promised myself I wouldn't cry!" She chuckled, fanning her face before saying "I love you" to her mother.

Melissa quickly dismissed herself, allowing for Mackenzie and Johnny to have a moment.

"So, um, this is it..." Johnny mumbled.

"Johnny, it doesn't have to be..."

"Kenz, you and I both know this won't work out. You're going to be in a whole other country."

Mackenzie sighed, looking down at her fingers, "I, uh, guess you're right..."

"I-I'm willing to wait for you-"

"Johnny, no, I can't ask you to do that-"

"I'm telling you, I'm willing to wait. There's no one else I'd rather be with."

Mackenzie gave Johnny a small smile, shaking her head at him, "Four years is a long time, John."

"We'll visit each other, I know we will."

Mackenzie nodded while holding a tight smile on her face. She understood what he was implying, and she appreciated him for that, but if he found someone else; someone who he's truly happy with, Mackenzie wouldn't bother.

"Have fun, Kenz. I know you will, anyway." Johnny joked, pulling her in for another hug.

"LAST CALL FOR PASSENGERS TO LONDON, ENGLAND! LAST CALL FOR PASSENGERS TO LONDON, ENGLAND!"

Mackenzie pulled away, placing her forehead on his, "I love you so much, Johnny."

Johnny kissed her forehead lightly, pecking her lips one more time, as well, "And I love you, Mackenzie."

Mackenzie began to walk backwards as her hands separated from Johnny's slowly, a pout on her face.

"Text us when you get there, Kenz, please don't forget!" Melissa rushed out worried, to which Mackenzie nodded, blowing them both a kiss and waving goodbye.

THE END !

+ peep how mommy mel said
'us' ugh he's family now sis 🤧