(14)

School just got out and Richie is walking home, like always.

"I have a question for you" he says after a few minutes of us walking in comfortable silence.

"Ok" I say.

"More like a request"

"What is it?"

"Ok, it's more like a statement"

"Richie!"

"Ok! The Losers and I are going to a party and your coming with"

"No, I'm not"

"Please"

"No"

"Please"

"No"

"Please"

"Richie, I said no"

"It'll be no fun without my boyfriend"

"I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun without me. Bev and Stan will keep you company"

"Please, Eds"

"Don't call me that"

"Please, Eddie Spaghetti?"

"I'll text you later" I say stopping in front of my house.

"I'll pick you up at 8" he says. I roll my eyes and start walking towards my house.

"Nope"

"Wait" he says and grabs my hand. He spins me around and places a soft kiss on my lips.

"I'm still not going" I smile playfully and walk into my house. I see him walking away as I close the door. I go into the living room and see my mom sitting her chair and staring at me.

"Hi" I say.

"Anything you wanna tell me, Eddie?" she asks. I think about anything I might have done and forgot to tell her about, my mind immediately to goes to Richie.....she couldn't have found out. Right?

"Um...no"

"Nothing? Really?"

"Did I forget to do something?"

"No"

"Oh"

"I was walking back from the bathroom and I looked out the window. I saw you kissing someone....a boy"

"Mommy, it wasn't what it looked like"

"Then what was it?"

"Nothing!"

"Don't lie to me, Eddie!"

"I didn't kiss him"

"I saw you!"

"Well, so what if I did? What if I did kiss him and was planning to do it again?" I ask. Eddie, shut your fucking mouth.

"It's disgusting. It's a disgusting illness"

"It's not gross, mom, and it's not an illness"

"Yes, it is. Don't worry, Eddie-Bear, we'll get you help"

"I don't want help, mom! Shouldn't you be happy if I'm happy?"

"Go to your room. I'm disgusted with you"

"Mom-"

"NOW!" she yells. I run to my room and slam the door, locking it. I search around my room for a razor but quickly remember that Richie took all of them. I lay down on my bed and stare at the ceiling letting my tears fall down my face.