Trial Part 1

<Jin's POV>
I have been out of the hospital for a few weeks now. It was really nice to have Joon by my bed everyday while I was there. We got to know each other better and I really like him. His smile, his dimples, the way he just listens when I talk, he's just amazing, much better than Kim Young.

Joon let me use his lawyer for the trial.  I've met with him a few times.  His name is Jackson Wang and he's Seoul's best lawyer.  I really have a good feeling about this.

I found out that the judge wants Tae and Kookie to testify but not during the trial.  He wants them, Jackson, and Young, who's representing himself, in his chambers to allow the boys to testify.  I'm not allowed to be in there and I'm dreading that day.  It's a couple days away but I'm still dreading it.  Joon told me he'd go with me and sit with me while they're in there.

"What's taking so long!  We've been waiting forever!"  I said while nervously bouncing my leg.

Joon places his hand on my knee and gave it a reassuring squeeze.  "We're only been sitting here for 5mins.  Besides, Jackson is with the boys, along with the judge.  He's not going to get the chance to touch them," he said.

"I just wish I could be in there with them," I said, leaning my head on Joon's shoulder.

Several minutes passed and the door to the judge's chambers opens and my ex walks out cursing to himself.  I immediately sit up, tense.

"WHAT DID YOU TELL THEM ABOUT ME?!  YOU BRAINWASHED THEM!  I JUST KNOW IT!"  He screamed at me while stomping toward me.  Joon suddenly stands up and gets between us as the security guards walk up to defuse the situation.

"I think you should walk away before what happened in the hospital happens again," Joon says quietly.

"Oh, so your boyfriend is going to stand up for you, huh?  Maybe I need to teach him a lesson," Kim Young says as the security guards hold him back.

"Eomma?  Is everything ok?"  Kookie asks from behind Young.

"Hi buddy!  I'm sorry about all this, your Eomma seems to think I hurt him and tried to hurt you too."

"You DID hurt him and you DID try to hurt us," Kookie replies as he walks over to me and sits down.

"Sir, it's time to leave," the security guard finally says, dragging him away.

"YOU'LL REGRET THIS, KIM SEOKJIN! MARK MY WORDS!"  He yells as he's dragged away.

I start crying.  Immediately, Tae and Kookie wrap their arms around me to comfort me.

"It's ok Eomma, he won't hurt us anymore!  After all of this is over, we should go on vacation, just the four of us," Tae says.

"Four?  Who's the fourth person?"  I ask, confused.

"Namjoon, of course!  He's been so helpful, we have to pay him back somehow," Kookie pipes up.

"I don't think..."

"As much as I'd love to join you all on your vacation, I'm getting ready to go on a promotional tour for my new album.  I'm sorry," Joon interrupts me.  "Maybe some other time, we can also get Yoongi, Jimin, and Hobi to join too?"

I give him a look like, "are you crazy".  He just chuckles and walks over to Jackson who is standing by the judge's chamber door.

<Time skip to the actual trial>

<Joon's POV>

We're in the courtroom, Yoongi, Jimin, Hobi, and myself are all sitting behind Jackson and Jin.  Tae and Kookie are with Jin's parents.  Jin was just called to the stand.  I don't know why I'm nervous but I can certainly tell that Jin is.  They swear him in as Jackson starts asking him what happened while he was with the bastard, Kim Young.  As he's retelling his story, I can't help but feel my heart break as he remembers all the nights that Kim Young came home drunk.  Why did a perfect angel have to suffer what he did?

Jackson finishes his line of questioning and it's now Kim Young's turn.  He asks if he can approach Jin and I visibly jolt forward in my seat.  Hobi, sitting next to me, has to put his hand on my shoulder.  Jin makes eye contact with me and I can see how terrified he is.  The judge doesn't allow him to, thank god.  Once he's done questioning Jin, they call for a recess for lunch.

"Let's go get some food," Jackson says as he pats Jin's shoulder.  "You did really good up there.  I was watching the jury and they are definitely feeling your story."

We all head out of the courtroom and go across the street to the little cafe for lunch.

"Hey Joon," I hear Jin say.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks again for being here with me.  I really appreciate it."

"I told you I'd be here through every step of the process."

"I know but I can't help but think I'm keeping you from your work.  What about your album?"

"Don't worry about it.  It was finished a month ago.  Besides, my managers know that I'm supporting a close friend right now so they've given me the time off."

"So, I'm a close friend?"  Jin asks with a smirk.

God that's sexy!

"Um...  y-yeah, o-of c-course," I stutter, making Jin giggle.

It's like music to my ears.

"Come in, the group is already across the street," Jin says still giggling.

<Jin's POV>

Wow!  I'm considered a close friend by Joon.  This is amazing!  Every time I see him and talk to him, I fall more and more for him.  Maybe after this is all said and done, we can go out or something.

I'm lost in thought as we cross the street to meet the rest of the group.  This is going to be an interesting lunch...