Mycroft's Niece pt.1

Sherlock, John and Molly were in the lab with her, she was sat on one of the counters as the others worked.The case had led them to need to test some of the evidence and naturally Sherlock didn't trust that the forensics team. Lestrade said he would babysit her at the flat but he got called in as well so she had to be brought in. That had been happening more and more with this case and Sherlock was pretty sure that she might have to get someone to baby sit her for a weekend, but, at the same time, it couldn't be John, Molly, Lestrade or Mrs Hudson; they were all busy with the case, apart from Mrs Hudson, she was going to visit her sister.

''Baby, can you pass me the test tubes beside you please?'' Molly asked her, she passed the tubes along to Molly, ''And the ninhydrin crystals on your left, if you don't mind'' she turned to her left but as she went to grab the tube labled ''C9H6O4'' she misjudged her hand-eye coordination and accidentally knocked it off the side, opening the cap slightly and letting a third of the crystals fall out. Molly didn't seem so bothered but Sherlock was infuriated. ''You foolish girl!'' he boomed, she only lowerd her head and whimpered, trying not to cry. ''Sherlock!'' John cried, rushing to her and picking her up, she immediately wrapped her legs around his waist and buried her face in his neck. Molly walked away to fetch a brush to clean up the mess and to give the family some 'alone time'. John simply starred at Sherlock while he rocked his child, ''I get that your stressed about this case,'' he started '' but there's no need to take it out on her!'' She let tears fall from her eyes with her face still hidden by John. Sherlock sighed and and rubbed his face with his hands before walking over to them, he reached out his hand and she whimpered and tensed up. Sherlock took his hand back and let John hold her until she calmed down.

Molly walked back in with a brush and began to clean up John took her outside, picking up her diaper bag on the way out. Since they were out in public she was dressed in leggings and a jumper over her nappy, but holding her he head her squish every time she moved. He took her into Lestrade's office, ''Can I change her in here please Greg?'' he asked the chief of police, ''Yeah, I was just gonna go get a coffee actually, do you want one?'' he replied getting up. ''Oh god yes,'' Greg chuckled at this but as he went to walk away he noticed the tears on her face.''Are you okay sweetheart?'' he asked holding his hand to her face, wiping away her tears, she just nodded. He smiled and walked away, John placed her on the desk and took out the towel of from the bag, she crawled off the desk on onto the towel and lay down.  He pulled down her leggings and began to change her. ''Daddy's sorry you know, he get stressed sometimes and forgets how to act.'' she was quiet but her lip began to wobble. Noticing this John took out her dummy from the bag and put it in her mouth.

Finishing the change, John cleared up everything and sanitised his hands. He took her back into the lab, Sherlock walked over to the two and just stood in front of them, warily she lifted her hands to him, showing she wanted him to pick her up. Sherlock slowly took her from Johns arms and placed  her on his hip, John went to another part of the lab and placed the bag down. ''I'm so sorry princess, Daddy shouldn't of shouted at you, you did nothing wrong,'' he said quietly in her ear, she turned into his body and hugged him, he hugged back and kissed her head. ''I love you so much baby,'' she held onto him so tight, as if she would never let go.