Mycroft's Niece pt.6

"Bottles are in the top cupboard, spare dummies are in this draw," Sherlock was walking round the kitchen, him and John were about to leave. "If she get's board offer her her toys, she was messy this morning so you should't have to worry about that today." John had her on his hip bouncing her slightly, "Sherlock. Sherlock." John waited until the other man looked at him, "Mycroft is good with her, they'll be fine, it's only twenty-four hours." Mycroft just looked at Sherlock raising his eyebrows, "Shall I ring you every hour little brother, will that make you feel more confident in my skills?" Sherlock sighed, "I know you'll be fine," he walked over to her and John, she was currently had a sulk on her face holding her blankie. "Daddy and Da have to go now princess." She turned away so she wasn't facing them, "Don't be like that sweetheart," John said jiggling her a bit. She shook her head against his shoulder, "Come on baby, you've been away from us for longer before." "Doesn't mean I liked it." She said quietly sounding very young, Sherlock took one of her dummies from the counter and put it in her mouth after he turned her head towards them. "It's okay baby, we'll be back before you know it," John said, she moaned and hugged the man. He hugged back and kissed her on the forehead, "I love you baby, we'll see you tomorrow." He said passing her over to Sherlock, "I'll go put the bags in the car," he said as he walked out. Sherlock hugged her as she wrapped her legs around him, he stroked her back and hair and repeatedly kissed her cheek. "You'll be fine baby," he whispered in her ear, "I love you baby, I'm going to miss you so much." He passed her over to Mycroft and walked out, they walked over to the window to wave the two off. Then, she turned into his chest and began to sob.

She eventually ran out of tears, her breath was still uneven so Mycroft kept rubbing her back as they sat on John's chair. "Are you okay?" he asked her, she made a noise that could've been taken as a yes or a no. He shook her a bit and said "Come on, we're going to have some fun," he picked her up and set her on his hip as he checked hoer nappy. Still clean, he took her into Sherlock and John's room and picked up their bedding. He took it into the lounge and set her on the floors, she looked up at him in confusion as he started looking through the cupboard, satisfied with what he found he took the pegs they used for the washing line and placed them next to the bedding that currently sat in Sherlock's chair.She made a noise that emphasised her confusion, he looked at her and smiled, "We're going to make a fort for nap time," Mycroft said. She smiled behind he dummy and reached for a sheet and two pegs and began to peg the sheet to Sherlock's chair.

20 minuets later they had set up the fort so there was a mattress on the floor and blankets all around them and the TV. Mycroft could tell she was tired now but didn't want to be, Sherlock said put her down at 1 unless she falls asleep past 12. She crawled out of the fort and came back in with Tangled  in her hands. Mycroft put it on and she sat in his lap, as the first song came on she sang behind her dummy. Mycroft couldn't stop smiling at the sight in front of him, he had never seen a girl so happy, he could feel her dancing slightly on his lap while singing, he hoped she felt as happy as she looked.

She sang to every song but started to get quieter towards the last few, eventually Mycroft felt her relax and fall against his chest. He turned down the film and carefully moved her off his lap and lay her down on the mattress with her blanket. He sat there for a moment and watched her sleep, her dummy was still bobbing between her lips, he wondered if she would take a bottle in her sleep as well. She rolled on her side and her hand lay across the mattress, he took at and she held onto it so tightly. He loved this but was also worried, he had never felt this strongly before, only when he found out Sherlock had started at the drug dens. He tried not to worry about himself as he watched her dream.