Mycroft's Niece pt.5

"You tired baby" John said as he rocked her while walking around the living room. Sherlock walked back in from the bathroom and smiled as he saw his best friend rock his child as she yawned, he walked over to them and kissed her on the head, "You've had a long day haven't you baby?" She nodded against his hand, "You want to go to sleep baby?" "Yes please Daddy," she said quietly, "Come on then sweetheart." He said taking her from John, carrying her bridal style into  her room. John started to make a bottle.

Sherlock had changed her nappy, she was put pyjamas and was now waiting for her bottle. Sherlock sat with her in her rocking chair. "I don't want to go to bed Dada," she said, voice barely above a whisper. "Why not baby, you said you did and your really tired" Sherlock asked looking down at her, she looked up to meet his eyes. "Because I don't sleep Daddy, I dream and when I dream they're bad and it's really scary." She was on the verge of tears, "What do you dream about princess?" He asked her, he didn't like to push but he needed to know what was wrong to help. He felt her hold her breath, he thought she was going to burst out in tears but she breathed out slowly. "I'm in a dark room, there's someone holding my hand, it's not you or Da. It's like I know who it is but I don't a the same time, it's like it's on the tip of my tongue but as soon as I get close to the name he talk's to me. He say's "Daddy doesn't like you there" then he puts his hand over my mouth so I can't breath." She was crying by the end of her story tears were rolling down her face, she had been pulled from her head space, Sherlock knew he had to be careful here and let her know it was an okay thing, it was okay to talk about her feelings, in or out of head space. "Listen to me baby, it's okay. I promise as long as I live that I won't let him hurt you, so you can have bad dreams, but that's all they are, dreams." He slowly was leaning backward and forward on the chair. "Why do you like to look after me Sherlock? All I do is cry and make messes that you and John have to clean up, I distract you both from your work and keep you up at night. Just why?" She was really crying now, loud sobs ran from her lips. "Well you forgetting a lot of things. Your forgetting that you've kept me sober for months now, your forgetting that you've helped me and Da clear our minds when we need to, your forgetting that we like taking care of you and your forgetting the most important thing of all," She looked at him confused, "Your forgetting that we love you baby."

They sat there in silence for a while, unsure on what to say, they could hear shuffling from the kitchen from John preparing her bottle. "How are you feeling now baby?" she was quietly whimpering, he guessed she had gone really far down in her head space. "Soon I'm going to have to go away at the weekend. Myc will look after you." He wasn't sure if she would remember this, or even if she was listening but she was quietening down now. John walked in and passed him the bottle who put it in her mouth. "Are you okay Sherlock?" he gave a slight smile "I'm fine John, just thinking about how much I love her." Sherlock said, resting his cheek against her head. John smiled and got her blankie and dummy from her crib, once she was done with her bottle she was winded and given her things. She just sat there against her Daddy's chest, blankie in hand and her Da looking at her. She closed her eyes as Sherlock placed her in her crib, "Good night my perfect girl." John said kissing her head then leaving the room. Sherlock took her hand for a moment, "I love you, so,so much baby. You will never be a burden to us, I will always look after you." He kissed her head and watched her lay down. He watched her until she fell asleep, wondering how he ever got so lucky to get someone like her in his life.