Mycroft's Niece pt.8

By the time her evening bottle rolled around she had been changed twice and put in thick pyjamas (despite the fact it was 21 degrees in the flat, she was still cold). Mycroft had just started to heat up the formula when his phone rang, it was Sherlock requesting to face time. He walked over to her, who was sitting on Sherlock's chair underneath her blankie, "Hold this baby," he said accepting the call and passing her the phone.  "Hi baby!" Shelock said joyfully. He was laying in his hotel bed, he looked exhausted but still so happy to see her. "Hi Daddy," she said, for once she didn't have a dummy in her mouth. "How are you baby?" He asked her, "Good Daddy," "How's Mycroft taking care of you, He's not ignored you yet has he?" Sherlock said condescendingly, Mycroft peered down over her shoulder from where he had been watching the screen, "Only as much as you have been little brother." He replied in the same tone, She laughed at the subconscious fight between them. "I miss you Daddy," she said quietly, Mycroft sensed he wasn't needed he went back to her bottle. Sherlock sighed, "I know baby. But think of it like this: It's 17 hours until we come home, minus 9..." "I know, Unca Myc told me already." Both Sherlock and Mycroft were surprised at his new nickname but both smiled at it. She heard a door open as Sherlock looked behind the phone, he smiled as there was a muffled voice in the background. Sherlock sat up and turned as John came into view over his shoulder, "Is that my baby?" John asked, she smiled and nodded. "I miss you princess," "I miss you too Da." "Her Unca Myc is taking good care of her," Sherlock said turning to face John to watch his reaction as he said the name, his eyes widened in surprise. "Is he now?" John said as he turned back to her, "Yeah, he helped calm me down when I was scarred and couldn't breath when I woke up." They both looked shocked at the news, "What baby? Mycroft?!" Sherlock said. Mycroft walked over and took the phone from her briefly, "She woke up and started to have a panic attack, but your fine now aren't you darling?" Mycroft pointed the camera towards her as she nodded, "Pass her the phone again," Sherlock instructed him, "Why did you have a panic attack baby?" John asked. "Because I woke up scared and alone and I missed you and Daddy and it was dark and I didn't like it." She said with a baby-ish accent, "Okay baby," Sherlock said, still sounding a bit worried. "We just called to say goodnight baby, we can't wait to see you tomorrow." "Bye dada's," She said waving. "Bye baby, we love you," they both said in varying ways overlapping each other. The call ended and Mycroft fed her, changed her and put her to bed with the words. "Goodnight sweetheart, your loved by so many people."

The next day after nap-time

She was woken up by John, "Da!" She squealed happily, wrapping her arms around his neck and legs around his waist. "Hi baby, I missed you," he said as he repeatedly kissed the side of her head, "so, so much." He carried her over too the changing table and took off her footed onesie, she immediately broke out in shivers and goosebumps. "You cold baby?" John asked confused "Mmh huh" she said through chattering teeth, "Okay, I'll be quick," he said un-taping her nappy. True to his word John was quick with the change and was carrying her into the living room where Mycroft was putting on his coat. She grunted, lent towards him and made grabby hands, "Unca Myc has to leave now baby," John said in a sad voice, this just made her lean even more out of John's arms so Mycroft was forced to rush over and catch her as John lost grip of her. "What you doing there baby?" Mycroft asked her, she wrapped her limbs around him so he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tight. "Goodbye sweetheart," he said "Thank you for taking care of me Unca Myc. Sorry I got scared," she said quietly in his ear. "Oh it's okay sweetheart, it was nice taking care of you. I'm gonna miss you," he kissed the side of her head. "Come back soon Myc" she said as he passed her back to John, "You heard the baby Mycroft, come back soon." Mycroft chuckled, "Okay, I promise baby. Say bye to Sherlock for me when he gets here." He walked out the door, "Bye John, bye baby." He called as he walked outside and out the door.