Mycroft's Niece pt.3

''John we need to leave, now!'' Sherlock said dragging John to the car parked next to the field, ''What? Why?'' he said resisting the detectives pull. ''Mycroft just called, she woke up screaming, she's had another nightmare, Mycroft doesn't know how to calm her! He's not good with people, let alone babies, we have to go home!'' Sherlock looked so worried, John could tell his mind was racing with what could happen, all the possible situations, all what could go wrong. John wriggled free from Sherlock's grip and stood still, he out his hand on Sherlock's shoulder, ''Sherlock, you need to calm down, she'll be fine. The most that will happen is she'll have a panic attack.'' ''That's not okay John, I don't want that, ever!'' Sherlock practically screamed, ''Then we can go home for a bit, but I guaranty she's fine.'' ''You don't know that John, you didn't grow up with him.'' Sherlock and John ran to the car and got in drove as fast as he could. As they ran up the stairs, they couldn't hear anything, not sure if it were a good or bad thing Sherlock burst into her room to find Mycroft rocking in the chair with her in his arms and a bottle in her mouth. ''Shh,'' Mycroft said calmly, ''You'll scare her.''

10 minuets before Mycroft called Sherlock

Mycroft was sitting in John's chair, sipping his tea when he heard faint noises coming from her room. Confused at this Mycroft got up and walked into her room. It had been 45 minuets since Sherlock had left, he said she would still be sleeping but by the fact his violin was still in her room Mycroft figured that she was having trouble getting to sleep and with her past he thought it must be nightmares. Mycroft walked in to find her tossing and turning in her crib with cries here and there. Unsure of what to do, he walked over to the crib, brushing his hand on her cheek he began to shush her. Eventually she woke herself up by screaming, her eyes darted open wide with terror, she pushed herself sitting up in the corner of the crib. She hugged herself while she wailed, fat tears rolling down her now red cheeks. Mycroft went to pick her up but she screamed more if he touched her. Mycroft was lost on what to do, his niece was screaming and won't let him calm her down. Mycroft was had no idea what to do so he rang the person who might.

''Come on Sherlock, pick up.'' Mycroft had managed to pick her up but that didn't aid her crying in any way, eventually the dial tone was cut off and Sherlock picked up. ''Sherlock what do I do?'' With a screaming girl in his arms he knew Sherlock had heard his baby crying, yet he was silent. ''Sherlock help me, what do I do? She's has a nightmare," the like was silent for a moment but then Sherlock spoke, ''I'm coming home.'' and then the phone cut off. 

Sherlock was no help, she had been crying for 10 minuets now, Mycroft was completely lost. Right now he was just bouncing her in his arms, deciding it wasn't helping he went through deducing. 

Babies cry when they're scared or if somethings giving them pain or making them uncomfortable. She had already been scared, now she must be uncomfortable. Sherlock would've fed her before she went down so she wouldn't be hungry. 

She must be wet Mycroft thought. He pressed his hand against her crotch and felt it squish, he walked her into the her bedroom, found the changing supplies and layed her down. This was going to be new for him. He undid her onesie and nappy and started to wipe her down. Once he deemed her to be clean enough he took the wet diaper from under her and balled it up with the wipes. It seemed to be the right decision because she was starting to quieten down, she hadn't stopped crying but it was enough to be considered progress. Once he taped on her new nappy he took her dummy from the top of the crib and slipped it between her lips. He snapped her onesie together and set her on his hip, he picked up her blankie from the side of the crib and gave it to her, she clutched it close to her chest.  She had stopped crying out loud but tears still fell from her eyes and she was still sniffling, he walked into the kitchen and took out a bottle from the cupboard. He held it in front of her, she seemed to get what he was asking because she nodded her head. He put the bottle on the side and brushed her hair out of her eyes, but as his fingers ran across her forehead she felt too warm. Unsure if she was ill or just hot he decided it would be best for cold milk. He set her on the counter.

After Mycroft put the bottle in her hands that was filled with cold milk she immediately put the bottle in her mouth and began to suck. Her tears had stopped now, he got a wet cloth and ran it over her face to cool her down, she nuzzled into his touch. Mycroft picked her up but this time she wrapped her limbs around him, he took her back into her room and sat with her on the rocking chair. She situated herself oh his lap and snuggled into him as he wrapped his arms around her, she took one of his hands and guided it to the bottle, she let go of it but he held on. He smiled down at her and kissed her head as he heard the car pull up outside. He began to rock in the chair as Sherlock ran upstairs, as he burst into the room, Mycroft tightened his grip slightly and said ''Shh, you'll scare her.''