Mycroft Niece pt.7

1 hour later

She awoke to find herself alone in the den, without the light from the TV the den was dark and scary. She looked around frighted with tears in her eyes as she began to sob, she sobbed because she was alone, she sobbed because she was scared, she sobbed because no matter how hard she cried her Daddy wouldn't be there to pick her up. Mycroft, hearing this, ran from the kitchen to the den and picked her up, holding her to his chest. She couldn't stop crying, her breath was getting shorter and shorter, she knew what to do but without her Da there to talk her through it she felt she couldn't make it on her own. Mycroft knew what was coming but not what to do, he had always been too rational for anxiety and rationalised himself to stay away from people who did. So, he went on deducing again:

Right now she would be feeling faint, her breathing is heavy and short at the same time, right now her sympathetic nervous system has been turned up to 10 and her parasympathetic nervous system was at 0. She was breathing with her chest meaning she had more oxygen than carbon dioxide in her blood. Overbreathing. She needed to be put into oxygen debt.  

"Sweetheart look at me," Mycroft said, pushing her away from his chest. "Look at me, were gonna count to 10 together yeah?" She shook her head violently, "Yes baby, come on we'll use my fingers to count on. Look, one...Count with me baby, count with me. One..." "O-one" she stuttered after him, he counted 2 on his hand and looked at her until she said: "Two." She was breathless but counting. "Three...Four." He slowly counted on his fingers as she said the numbers. " S-seven...E-e-eig..." She ended on a breath, "Come on baby, your almost there. Eight" "Eight...Nine" She paused as he got to 10. "I, I can't do it, I can't make it." She was almost there, her breath was almost back to normal. "Come on sweetheart. One word, one symbol." She started to calm her self down, "Then, ten, ten..." She repeated the word as she cried and he pulled her to his chest once more, "There we go, all better now sweetheart, all better. Your fine baby, your fine." he whispered in her ear.

After she stopped crying they just sat there in the den, her on Mycroft's lap, rubbing her back. "You miss Sherlock don't you baby?" She nodded into his chest, "And John?" She nodded again. "They'll be here tomorrow. Think of like this sweetheart: They'll be here in 21 hours, minus 9 hours for sleeping tonight so that's 12 hours, minus another 1 for you nap, 3 for movies you would've ignored them through anyway. So really its just 9 hours without them, Can you put up with me for 9 hours?" She looked up at him, smiled slightly and nodded. "Good girl," he said kissing her head,"Come on, I think someone needs changing and a bottle, mmh?" She blushed and nodded her head slightly as he picked her up and carried her to her room.