Part 5 - Forgive, Never Forget

*Jett's POV*
"Cardin Winchester, Russel Thrush, Dove Bronzewing, and Sky Lark." Ozpin introduced "You four collected the black bishop pieces and will now be known as Team CRDL. Lead by...Cardin Winchester."
The auditorium erupted in applause, but my team and I didn't join. We were surprised to find traces of the Darkness in Remnant. Sometimes it was obvious, like with Grimm. Other times it was faint, like with the newly formed Team CRDL.
"Jaune Arc, Lie Ren, Nora Valkyrie and Pyrrha Nikos." Ozpin continued "You retrieved the white rook pieces. From now on, you'll be known as Team JNPR. Lead by...Jaune Arc."
Applause again, my team included this time. Jaune was a good guy. He cared about his friends and wasn't afraid of a challenge...sometimes.
"Yang Xiao-Long, Blake Belladonna, Weiss Schnee and Ruby Rose. You claimed the white knight pieces. Henceforth, you'll be known as Team RWBY. Lead by...Ruby Rose."
When Ruby left the stage, I ruffled her hair and smiled widely.
"Way to go, sis," I whispered.
"And finally Lucas-4, Karly Green, and Jett Xiao-Long. You gathered three of the four white king pieces. Normally, teams of three would be immediately expelled from the school. However, they say actions speak louder than words. I think what you children did today were shining examples of those very words. You will be known, as you have been for so long, as Team JKL. Lead by...Jett Xiao-Long."
"It's just Jett, sir," I said.
"Of course." He chuckled.
As the room erupted with applause, Ozpin bent over to whisper to us.
"There would've been an even number, but the fourth member didn't meet the proper qualifications."  He mentioned.
His eyes motioned to the upper left corner of the room and when we looked up at the window behind him, our jaws dropped.  Waving excitedly in the window with Sundance hovering impatiently beside him, was Cayde.
'How does he keep doing that?'  I thought.
Ozpin closed the ceremony and everyone went to their rooms. I was put a few doors down from my sisters.
"Goodnight Jett,"  Ruby said.
"Night Ruby,"  I replied.
I locked the door behind me and met the suspicious stares of my teammates.
"What?"  I asked.
"I thought you hated your sisters?"  Lucas asked.
"I do, but I don't see any Darkness in Ruby."  I answered, "That means she either knows how to blend in or she wants to make amends."
"This is a big risk Jett."  Karly muttered, "We respect your choice, but we just don't want you to get hurt again."
"That's life, Karly.  If we don't take risks, we aren't living.  I took a risk when I stood up to my dad.  I took a risk when I shot at Uldren.  See where I'm going here?"
They nodded in understanding as I threw my jacket over my desk chair.
"If things don't go well, then it's a mistake I'll have to live with,"  I admitted.
I unholstered Crimson and Better Devils and set them on my desk, then leaned Quickfang against the wall next to my bed.
"Night guys."  I yawned.

............

The first class of the day ended and I couldn't have been more relieved.  Professor Port was an absolute nightmare.  All he did was drone on and on about tales from his childhood. He didn't even bother teaching us anything useful.
"He reminds me of Brother Vance."  Zwei groaned.
"They are pretty similar." I agreed.
Just then, Professor Goodwitch's voice came over the intercom.
"Jett to the Headmaster's office."  She called "Jett to the Headmaster's office."
I looked at Zwei curiously. 
"Did I do something wrong?"  I asked.
"Not that I recall..." Zwei answered suspiciously.
"Guess we better go see what Oz wants.  Keep Controlling Vision equipped just in case."