Part 12 - Hunting Party (Lucas)

*Lucas' POV*
"I'll take the Machinist."  I offered.
"Okay."  Jett agreed "Karly, your turn."
"I'll take the Mindbender."  Karly declared.
"Battle of the minds."  Jett chuckled "I know you'll win that one.  My turn now, so I'll handle the Rifleman.  Lucas, your turn again."
"The Trickster."  I growled, "That she-devil is gonna pay for that gravity trap."
"Check."  Jett replied "Karly?"
"The Hangman."  She answered quickly.
"Then I'll take the Rider."  Jett said, "Last round Lucas, you want the unlucky SOB?"
"The Mad Bomber?"  I asked "Damn right I do."
"Okay then.  The Fanatic is going to stick close to Uldren, so we'll take him down last.  Everyone clear on their targets?"
Karly and I nodded.
"All right then."  Jett said, rubbing his hands together "Let's go out there and do some genocide."

Target: Araskes
A.K.A: The Trickster

The last of the Cabal Legionaries fell to the ground dead as I approached the cache

"As I thought." Jekyll confirmed "It's her. The Trickster's signature is all over this thing."
"Can you use it to track her?" I asked.
"Unfortunately no. However, being the coward she is, she is likely to hide behind traps and flunkies. I believe we could find an informant around here."
"Like those guys?"
Jekyll turned in the direction I was pointing and started spinning like crazy.
"Yes!" He said quickly "Hurry! We cannot lose them!"
I raised my rifle and blasted the head off one as I ran towards them. That's when I saw the most beautiful thing in the world.
"Holy crap!" I laughed "A gold engram!"
I immediately grabbed it and it started to hiss loudly.
"The engram is rigged to blow!" Jekyll yelled.
I frantically looked around before hurling the beauty in a random direction, then covered my eyes when it exploded.
"If a shipment of these engrams made it to the Tower..." Jekyll said worriedly "we cannot afford to let that happen."

*Timeskip*
We took apart the fabricator that was producing the rigged engrams in mass when the Trickster spoke through my comm.
"Oh no..." she cackled "it found our factory of delights. If only we planned for this...*laughs*"
"I think she planned for this," I said.
"Ignoring that obvious fact," Jekyll replied "the fabricators were successfully destroyed and I traced the source of the Trickster's broadcast. The bad news is that it was far too easy for someone called "The Trickster"."

*Timeskip*
I made my way into the Trickster's hideout, using her engrams to blast open the door to her chambers. The room was filled with Glimmer, no doubt rigged like the engrams.
"It wants revenge?" The Trickster cackled as she darted around the room in a cloud of blue smoke "Yes, we deserve it. Here is some ammo for you."
"Aw, how sweet." I mocked "Why don't I return the favor!"
I fired everything I had at her, following her around the cave as she tried to dodge my rockets. When she got to the center of the room, I tackled her and blew out her kneecaps with my shotgun. She laid on the rock, howling in pain.
"You and your friends hurt my best friend." I spat as I struck her across the face with my gun "That was a big no-no."
I tossed a rigged engram in my hand and placed it just out of her reach before I left the room. The engram detonated, but I didn't look back.