Part 14 - Hunting Party (Jett)

Thanks for the support everyone!  As of the last chapter, votes on the story went up by twenty-six!  Followers went up by two and comments went up by eight!  This story is on its way to a close, but rest assured it won't end there.  Again thanks so much for reading A light in the endless abyss.

*Jett's POV*
"I'll take the Machinist." Lucas offered.
"Okay." I agreed "Karly, your turn."
"I'll take the Mindbender." Karly declared.
"Battle of the minds." I chuckled "I know you'll win that one. My turn now, so I'll handle the Rifleman. Lucas, your turn again."
"The Trickster." The Exo growled, "That she-devil is gonna pay for that gravity trap."
"Check." I replied "Karly?"
"The Hangman." She answered quickly.
"Then I'll take the Rider."  I said, "Last round Lucas, you want the unlucky SOB?"
"The Mad Bomber?"  He asked "Damn right I do."
"Okay then. The Fanatic is going to stick close to Uldren, so we'll take him down last. Everyone clear on their targets?"
My teammates nodded.
"All right then." I said, rubbing my hands together "Let's go out and do some genocide."

Target: Yaviks
A.K.A: The Rider

"This garage belongs to one of Uldren's Barons

"This garage belongs to one of Uldren's Barons."  Zwei said "Yaviks, the Rider."
"Well, if we wanna get her attention, there's no better way to get it than stealing her bike,"  I muttered as I climbed onto the modified Pike.
I turned the throttle and the bike took off, leaving a trail of fire behind it.
"Zwei, can you calibrate this thing?"  I grunted.
"Already on it."
After calibrating the engine and the weapons, Zwei gave me the green light and we tracked down the Baron.
"Petra's files say Cayde caught the Rider the first time by beating her in a race."  Zwei mentioned "There's Prison of Elders security footage of her swearing revenge on him.  And...well.  You know the rest."
"How did he find her?"  I asked.
"The bikes leave a unique exhaust trail, but it's all over my scanners.  The Rider's gang is nearby."
"Well, let's find out who's a better racer.  Shall we?"

*Timeskip*
Tracking down the Rider's minions was easy.  And after gathering a little more data, we were able to hack into the channel she used to talk to her gang.
"Got her!"  Zwei growled triumphantly "Let's go."
I floored the booster and followed Zwei's marker to the Boil.  Unfortunately, the location fits the name well.  Pools of acid were everywhere.  I slowly raised my sniper rifle and looked through the scope, patiently waiting for the Rider.  Suddenly, the she-devil sped out of a cloud of toxic gas and drove off a ramp, cackling all the way.
"Auf Wiedersehen."  I said.
Bang!
The bullet cut into the Riders bike, causing it to sway a bit, but it failed to kill her.  I ran out of my hiding spot and swiped another Pike, then chased after the Rider, guns blazing.  The woman was an excellent racer, there was no doubt about that.  But I was better.  I kept on her, shredding her bike with the Pike's turret guns.  It wasn't long before one of the blasts ignited the Rider's fuel line and sent the bike and its driver to a fiery oblivion.
"The Rider's racing days are over."  Zwei sighed "Guess Cayde's record is safe."

Target: Pirrha
A.K.A: The Rifleman

"This is one of the Rifleman's nests

"This is one of the Rifleman's nests." Zwei said "That guy killed Zari in one shot.  Keep your guard up."
Before I could answer, the Rifleman hacked my comm.
"Ah...target practice."  He sighed.
"Yeah."  I growled "Target practice."
I took out Dreaded Venture and got on my stomach.  I steadied my breathing and looked through the scope.
'This guy's supposed to be blind.' I thought 'Let's add a little more truth to that claim.'
I lined up the crosshairs, increased the zoom, and pulled the trigger.  The bullet ripped through the Baron's eye and I grinned.
"Gotcha."  I taunted
I lined up my sights again and shot his gun out of his hand.
"Two for two.  Let's see if I can get all three?"
I looked down the scope, but he was gone.
"Shit."  I spat.
"Shit indeed."  The Rifleman laughed behind me "Maybe after I kill you, I'll mount your Ghost on my wall.  Right next to Caydes."
"Yeah, I wouldn't be too sure about that.  Look down."
I looked over my shoulder and smiled at the stunned look on the Rifleman's face.
"Trip-mine sucker."
The trap exploded, knocking Pirrha's feet out from under him.
"You see Pirrha," I lectured "can I call you Pirrha?  So, Pirrha, you think you're the toughest sniper in the galaxy, right?  Wrong.  Big, fat, wrong.  That's my title.  Say hi to Yaviks for me."
I pointed my hand cannon at his head and squeezed the trigger.