Scraps of Emotions

Dear Guy,

I don't know what I'm doing, honestly, But do I ever?

 let's admit it, I'm a clueless moron. Not that you're any better, I mean you've been clueless about this for so long that I don't think you'll ever figure this out. Not unless I tell you myself, and we both know that will never happen.

I'm a coward.

Tell me to jump off a cliff? I did it already.
Tell me to climb a volcano? I did it.
Tell me to confess my feelings? No thanks, I'll just go hide in a cave and not come out 'till I'm 40. 

So here's my confession, probably the only one ever, so I hope you will never read this and let's get down to business.
I'm going to tell you the story of me, the story of us.

We grew up together. We were practically born together, only five days apart. Were neighbors from day one. You were my best friend, yes you're arrogant, stubborn and quite annoying at times, but you're also smart, and kind, and loyal. You were my best friend for the first six years of my life, but you know what happens after six years-school.

I didn't ask for much. The school wanted us to request someone to be in the same class with, so our first grade would be a little easier socially. I requested you, I guess you didn't do the same because we were put in separate classes. We were still friends, after all a friendship of six years doesn't just go away after a year, no, It goes away after a year and a half, which sucked 'cause that's about the time I started forming a crush on you.

It started in the second grade, just as we begun drifting away. It went on for a couple of months, for a year, a year and a half, two years. Before I knew it has been seven years, it took me seven years to understand that I was in fact in love. And in the meantime, you transferred schools, moved to a different house, cut all communication. We're back to being in the same school by now, but it's not the same. We're not friends, not really.

They say that a relationship isn't worth losing your best friend over, That getting together, then breaking up and ruining that friendship is simply not worth it. But for us the idea didn't even come up, it was barely a crush. Barely a crush when everything fell apart.

Now, this is all that's left;

Pieces of friendship
Shatters of feelings
Scraps of emotions