Ch.19~ Goodbye again

~Allyson M.   Dawson~
.

.

I'm most definitely not proud of what I did next. Seeing Austin sitting there, in jeans and a fresh t-shirt was different from imagining him in my head. But when I saw his beautiful eyes, I saw the sadness and the hurt in them. 

And so, before they could see me. Before I had to pretend that there was nothing wrong I ran. I rushed out the room, but then I heard Austin shouting.

"Ally, wait up. Please." And then he was running after me.

And of course, since Austin was so much more athletic than me, he caught up with me in less than five minutes. 

He grabbed my wrist, and I forced my eyes down. If I looked into them, I would fall and I would listen to him. 

"Five minutes , Alls. Please." 

"Okay." 

"Ally, the first time I lost you, it was my fault. I was young and I didn't trust you enough. i should have treasured you because you are the most amazing person to ever walk the planet of the Earth." 

I looked him in the eye.

And then, I  tried to get you back but Trish told me you had this amazing new boyfriend who you were engaged too. And you looked so happy, what was I supposed to do, huh? Make you choose?"

"So I let you go, and I tried to move on. I dated other people but it was never like it was with you. It never will be."

Elliot's strong arms around me, him telling me loved me, us in the bathtub in Hawaii for our honeymoon.Elliot telling me he hasd cancer. His eyelids finaly closing in the ICU. Me sobbing in my empty home alone, Cassidy's bulging stomach and me finding out Elliot had been cheating on me. My broken heart, me trying to end my life. 

Austin finding me, his gentleness, him looking after me protecting me, him finding out Dallas was going to rape me. Us kissing, me running away. 

"I love you, Austin. But we can't be together, because I fate has made it pretty clear that everything I touch breaks."

And then, I ran.