Chapter 15

Mackenzies pov

"So do you guys know how to paddle board?" Lauren asks.

We are currently standing in front of a paddle board stand on the beach.

"Yeah," Nadia and Hayden reply.

"I don't," I say.

"Okay, Johnny can teach you how."

My eyes widen, there's no way I can spend time with Johnny alone, I try to make a signal to Lauren but it's too late.

"Okay we'll just share a paddle board," Johnny says, "you grab the paddles I'll get the board."

We grab the stuff and we walk over to the ocean.

"It's not that hard," Johnny says as he drops the board into the water.

"Are you forgetting how uncoordinated I am," I groan.

"Oh right," he laughs, "it'll probably be hard for you."

"Shut up," I grin as I smack his arm, "you're supposed to encourage me."

"Okay Mackenzie, you're going to be amazing. You're going to be the best paddle boarder here," Johnny smirks.

"That is not what I meant," I roll my eyes.

Johnny laughs and then gets onto the board, "Okay so just step onto it."

"Uh," I say nervously.

"It's okay I got you," Johnny says as he reaches out his hand.

I smile and grab it. The board jerks a bit when I get on but we don't flip over or anything.

"Okay now its all about balance," he says, "I'll show you how to use the paddle."

He starts to paddle.

"So just stand in this position," Johnny says.

I try to copy his position and the board almost tips over.

"Woah," Johnny laughs, "here let me help."

He puts his hands on my waste and I blush.

"So just leave your waist like this," he says quietly and then adjusts my shoulders, "Okay yeah that's perfect."

"Thanks," I smile.

We start to paddle out to wear the others are.

"Hey I'm actually getting the hang of this," I grin.

"You're a natural," Johnny says, "and I'm a pretty great teacher."

"Oh shut up," I laugh.

"Hey guys," Hayden says as he paddles over to us.

He reaches our board and starts to bend down.

Johnny realizes what he's doing, "Hayden don't you dare-" but before he can finish his sentence our board flips over and we are both in the water.