t w e n t y t h r e e

10 years later

Kiara's pov

We found another haven that accepted me and the rest after our escape.

It was filled with loving people who are not fooled by the government. It is led by a woman named Irene. Taehyung's parents and the rest were residing there.

Taehyung fullfiled his promise to me. He introduced me to his family without hesitance. Our haven is protected and we told them about the cure.

They have equipments and Namjoon was able to duplicate it. We were able to recruit allies inside the government and successfully overthrew the president.

Those who had the same mindset as him and those who had ill intentions were imprisoned. 

The cure was distributed equally all across the globe with ease. Everyone took the pills for immunity to the virus.

The first few years were tough, to be honest. Every day I had to donate liters and liters of blood.

But it was all worth it.

Humanity is slowly healing.

The past is still engraved on our minds. The bloodshed and the picturesque of the monsters are still vivid as if it was yesterday.

The past may forever hunt me but my future will always outshine it.

I caressed my belly, the soft wind brushing my face. I let my eyes wander and  admired the buildings that were newly built. The people on the streets buzzing with joy.

A pair of strong arms hugged me from behind. I close my eyes, smiling as I leaned in to his embrace. 

"How's my wife doing?" His deep voice said, planting a soft kiss on my shoulders.

I giggled, "She's doing fine"

He hummed and made me face front. I took in all of his features; from his beautiful brown eyes, the small mole on his nose down to his rosy lips.

He knelt to the floor, his face in front of my belly. He caressed the baby bump, kissing it slowly.

"How are you baby? Daddy's here" He cooed,

I smiled as he talked to our son. His eyes full of love and admiration. I took his hair in between my fingers, caressing the luscious curls. He giggled as he continued to coo at my belly.

"I can't wait to meet you" He whispered adoringly.

"Me too" I whispered back, his eyes suddenly meeting mine.

He stood up and put his arms around me again. I wrapped mine around his neck, pulling him closer.

"We made it" I smiled, my eyes slightly tearing up.

He chuckled, his eyes glinting. His lips pecked mine, his lips curving into a boxy smile. "Yes, we did"

He took the strand of my hair that fell in front of my face, tucking it behind my ear. "God, I love you"

I blushed, giggling "I love you more"

He pecked nose, "I love you most"

I released a soft laugh, feeling light as he held me closer in his arms.

The baby in my stomach, the rings on our ring finger,

Those were enough to outshine my past.

More than enough

I was once a girl who thought that I couldn't do anything, lifelessly roaming the streets with no thought coming to mind that I would be the hope that humans would cling onto.

The human race survived the pandemic. The species now slowly healing with the world.

The soil cleansing itself from the dark past.

The once endangered, now striving with smiles on their faces.

The once troubled, carefree girl is now a woman bearing a child to the love of her life.

She's surrounded by her friends. Each and one of them, successful.

Her group was able to make a change.

A change that made the world a better place for her child and the human race.

And that woman, is me.

Kiara.

A woman who was bitten but still has her humanity intact.

𝐇 𝐮 𝐦 𝐚 𝐧 𝐢 𝐭 𝐲

fin.