Mufflers Under Sunny Days [ II ]

"Make it quick."

She nodded, taking the three steps up to the house. She rang the doorbell right on time cause when Mother Oline swung the door open, the whole family staggered at the sight of her. They all rose to give her a hug.

"Where have you been?!" The queries started.

"We all thought you were d—"

"Were you kidnapped—"

"—Where have you been?!"

"Where?!"

"Where, Wyv!"

They echoed this same phrase she had endless answers for.

"Who's he?" The little girl pointed at the doorway, asking for the whole wondering kins.

"He..."

"The one who swept your feet off this island?" Kai's older sister teased, despite the anxiety that raked in her during those weeks she was missing.

"Uh," she glanced dubiously at Griffin, not looking like the best addition to the family, with the rumpled hair and the dark vigilant gaze. Changing his bloodied shirt before coming here was a good touch. "Yeah."

"Let him in," Mother Oline beckoned him.

"'Fraid we can't be long, mother."

"Why not?" a chorus of protests bellowed. All eyes on the two of them.

"Mother—"

"Is it cause of the people in black who asked about you when we searching for you at our wrecked shack?" Father Noah spoke his first undulating words since she arrived. 

"They stole our family picture in the living room when they acted as someone from the government."