Chapter 3

(Kiaras POV)
***3:08 p.m***
I woke up to the sound of an announcement
"Ladies and Gentlemen we would now like to all welcome you to Los Angeles   California! The weather is now 87 degrees with a slight wind coming from the east. We hope you enjoyed your flight and have a great day!

"Finally we are here." I heard Emma say. I rub my eyes desperately wanting to go back to sleep but I got up and exited the plane, walking over to the massive conveyor belt to receive our bags. Just then I got a text from my mom.
___________________________
Mom❣️
Mom:
Hey sweetie just texting to ask if you already landed?
Kiara:
Hey mom! Yeah we landed already:)
Mom:
Aw thx hun, we all miss you so much already!
Kiara:
I miss you too. All right we have to get our bags. Bye💔
___________________________

"Hey Kiara! Look our bags are over their i'll go grab them," Emma said.
"Okay thanks!"
I sat back down on the bench looking around the LAX airport it was big, and I mean big. A lot of students were on my flight too, probably going to college as well.
"Okay I got the bags lets go," she said.
We walked into our uber that was waiting for us they held a sign that said our names and UCLA under it.
"Hello, are you two Emma Nicole and Kiara Diamond?" our driver asked.
"Yeah we are," I replied.
"Kiara, you plan on finding any cute guys out here?" Emma asked as we put our suitcases in the trunk.
"No Emma, you know I just broke up with Dylan. I'm not ready for another another relationship especially after that one,"
"Chill chill, you know I'm just looking out for you. Plus if that dick ever comes five feet within you again I'm going to chop his balls off,"
"Haha okay, thanks bitch"

You might be wondering who Dylan is. Dylan is the asshole that broke my heart two years ago. Remember how I mentioned my "best friend" started dating my high school crush? Yeah well that was him. He always told me he loved me and I loved him, I truly did. But he was never patient he always wanted to have sex and I was to oblivious to notice. I knew I wasn't ready for that but he didn't understand that. So at one point he hit me and called me a bitch. I shook that off thinking it would get better like the IDIOT I am.
But it didn't.
It only got worse to the point where he was cheating on me with my best friend Caroline. I couldn't believe her, she didn't even have any regret or remorse for what she did. I
My mom always told me "once a guy starts to cheat on you or becomes physically and or emotionally abusive even if they deny it, always leave, it will never get better.

***Flashback***
"Kiara come down for dinner!"
"Coming mom!"
As I was making my way down the front steps I heard the garage door slam. My eyes widened and I quickly rushed downstairs. I knew who was home and I wanted to protect my mom , even though I was only six years old. My dad walked into the kitchen looking angrier than ever.
He was drunk I could smell the alcohol radiating off of him.
"H-oney w-o-uld you like some d-inner?" my mom asked shakily.
"No I don't want god damn dinner!" He yelled.
I noticed he had marks bye his neck and he had lipstick stains on his collar. My mom noticed it too.
"Are you cheating on me!?"
"YES BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT"
Tears were streaming down my face and my moms, I knew my dad hit her but I never ever thought he would cheat on her.
"HOW DARE YOU! I do everything in this fucking household I QUIT MY JOB BECAUSE YOU PRACTICALLY FORCED ME TO, and I take care of our daughter. Our only daughter. AND YOU COME HOME WITH—CLAP!"
He had struck my mom across the face this time she fell to the ground. I started screaming and crying and went up to my dad and started hitting him as I hard as I possibly could, but that did seem to phase him one bit. He started walking over to my mom and I knew what was coming next. So I bit his leg and he roared in pain. He kicked me in the stomach. It hurt a lot I had tears stinging my face but I was used to this pain. My mom scooped me up and ran upstairs grabbing a phone on the way. We locked our bathroom door and she called 911. After that he was taken to jail and sentenced 25 years in prison. I was sad and happy because I knew he couldn't hurt us anymore but he was still my dad.
***End of flashback***

Aww it sounds like Kiara has been through a lot😭 make sure to leave any comments if you liked this chapter or want them to be longer!💛💛